Wedding Planning in Tuscany

Old Dec 3rd, 2003, 07:59 AM
mg8
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wedding Planning in Tuscany

Has anyone ever planned accomodations for a wedding in Tuscany? I am checking out things on the web, such as TuscanDreams, but would like more to get personal references. Any information would be very helpful and much appreciated. Thanks!

Old Dec 5th, 2003, 05:55 AM

I tried putting something like 'weddings tuscany' in the search and came up with some great posts. Makes me wish it was me getting married!!
Old Dec 5th, 2003, 06:03 AM

I found Chandi Wyant of Sogni Italiani ("Italian Dreams") ever so helpful with references for my vow renewal in Venice. "Italian Dreams" does weddings in the Tuscany region, so you might want to check out their website:

http://www.sogniitaliani.com/florence.html
Old Dec 10th, 2003, 03:48 AM

I don't know about the planning, but I was staying at the beautiful Hotel Pelais Borgo San Felice. There was an American girl marrying her Scottish fiance. The whole family was there.
I can tell you that the place is absolutly wonderful, and I told my friend that she should get married there. The church is small and quaint, but very sweet. The hotel had put up wonderful decorations that were very romantic with lots of flowers. I think this place is very special, and you might really find it suits you. The site is www.relaischateaux.fr/borgosanfelice
Check it out. Really a beautiful borgo.
Ciao, Melissa
Old Dec 10th, 2003, 04:02 AM
reh

I've explored the possibility of a Tuscan wedding with a few vendors. I've found Elizabeth a [email protected] to be superb.
Old Dec 10th, 2003, 04:28 AM

What about the Fiesole hills just outside Florence and with a great (GREAT!!) view over the city, the Dome the Valley and the Tuscan surroundings.

Pensione Bencista is my favorite, but of course the very expensive Borghese hotel nearby also is convenient.

Bencista is commentented on Karen Brown's site. It is a pearl, with rooms in all fashions, and with great style.

My recommendation: Contact them immediately!!

Bjorn, Oslo
Old Dec 10th, 2003, 04:36 AM

Did I say Borghese as the alternative place? Sorry, the grand lux hotel's name in Fiesole is Sant Michele.
But it doesn't matter. Pensione Bencista still is my top top favorite.
Bjorn