Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Suggestions for wedding/honemoon in Tuscany

Jul 4th, 2005, 10:23 AM
Original Poster

I have been asked to help a friend arrange a small wedding ( 25 people) in Tuscany next May.She is thinking about a villa. What towns would make a good base? I am sure guests would like to arrive early and explore the hill towns of Tuscany before the wedding.Here's what I have come up w/ so far: Locanda Amorosa (Siena) Il Falconiere( Cortona) and Villa Sassolini( Chianti). The ceramony will be civil, so it would be great to find something w/ in easy access to the town hall.
Thanks a million for your suggestions
Fluffy
Jul 4th, 2005, 10:57 AM

Hi fluffy, is your friend a citizen of the US? If so I think the best thing to do is to hire a wedding planner in Tuscany as there is a lot of paper work involved. Have either of you looked into the legal requirements? Of course if she is a citizen of Italy that is another whole situation.
Jul 4th, 2005, 11:04 AM
Original Poster

LoveItaly,
Thanks for the info.I was married two years ago in Venice, I informed my friend of the paper work involved.If any one has any suggestions for a wedding coodinatior in the Tuscany area that would be most helpful.I am just trying to figure the best towns and villas to narrow it down.I have been to la Amorosa and loved it.I just thought maybe some of the Tuscany/Italy experts might have some other suggestions.
Thanks Fluff
Jul 4th, 2005, 07:44 PM
Original Poster

Hi folks this is what I've come up w/ so far.If you have any experience staying at these villas your comments would be helpful.Also please comment on the region(s).
Castello Spaltenna( #1 choice) Relais Fattoria Vignale and Villa Sassolini
( Chianti)
Relais la Suvera and Plazzio Ravizza
( Siena)
Any comments or suggestions would be grand.
Fluffy
Jul 4th, 2005, 08:12 PM

Hi fluffy!

We stayed at Relais Fattoria Vignale last August. It's a very beautiful small inn in the tiny town of Radda, which has only a handful of streets, shops, restaurants.(One of these, PIZZERIA MICHELE is worth a visit if only to meet the owner who is hilarious!!) The hotel itself has gorgeous rooms with views of the rolling Tuscan countryside. There is a lovely pool in back of the main hotel ( hotel is separated into main hotel, and annex across the street) where you feel like the rest of the world could just float away. It looks out over olive groves and more countryside. There's an excellent but expensive restaurant under a grape arbor, and breakfast was a spread ( fresh fruit, cheeses, pastries, amazing coffee) fit for a king or queen.

We found it very easy to day trip from Radda to many of the wineries in the area, as well as to Greve ( 20 min), San Gimignano, and Siena ( 40 minutes).

One reason that we picked this hotel is that we could walk into town for lunch or dinner rather than having to drive back after a few glasses of wine.

Anyway, I think this hotel would make a lovely spot for a wedding!