Wedding Location

Old Aug 6th, 1999, 11:01 AM
Kim McGaw

Wedding Location

My fiance and I would like to get married in Paris or the Loire Valley. Does anyone have a suggestion of a beautiful place to take vows--and then somewhere to have a reception for about 20 people? <BR> <BR>We are honeymooning on the Riveria, so any suggestions of the ideal honeymoon spot would be appreciated.

Old Aug 6th, 1999, 08:02 PM
Joan Doyle

Dear Kim: Here's to romance--but you'd better check out the rules before you put all your money on romance. The French really like people to do all the paper work first. It would be a big help if you had a French friend to do the groundwork for you. Good luck! Joan

Old Aug 6th, 1999, 08:04 PM
Joan Doyle

Dear Kim: Here's to romance--but you'd better check out the rules before you put all your money on romance. The French really like people to do all the paper work first. It would be a big help if you had a French friend to do the groundwork for you. Good luck! Joan

Old Aug 9th, 1999, 03:37 AM
francesca

I assume you've already checked out your wedding with the Mairie (town hall) of the place you plan to marry...I've done it and it is a bit of paperwork, even for a local. Anyway, we had our reception at the Jardin de Bagatelle (in the Bois de Boulogne)and it was perfect. We rented the whole place, but if you are just having 30 people, you could take one of the four beautiful and very different rooms. The outdoor gardens are fabulous for cocktail hour and for wedding photos.

Old Aug 9th, 1999, 07:06 AM
PB

Kim, <BR> <BR>It does sound romantic, but the requirements take some of the romance out of the idea. You must be a French resident for a minimum amount of time (if I remember correctly, it's several months... then you must have a civil ceremony in the Mairie of the 'arrondissement' you are a resident of... The best is to get married legally in your own country, then arrange a religious ceremony and reception over here..... <BR> <BR>PBProvence <BR>

Old Aug 9th, 1999, 11:32 AM
Dena Harrington

Dear Kim: <BR>Congratulations! I'm not sure about this, but the place I stayed in the Loire Valley, I believe could accomodate you. It was the hunting lodge of a count. It was absolutely beautiful and the service was incredible, food- fabulous. It is located in Onzain which is between Blois and Amboise, very easy to get to. It is called Domaine des Hauts de Loire. Their web site is: www.domainehautsloire.com. The grounds were beautiful...a pond with swans! I can not say enough wonderful things about this hotel. Should you like additional info, contact me directly, I'd be glad to help, if possible. Also, the rooms were fabulous. I do no know anything about getting married in France, but it sounds like a great idea, so good luck!

Old Aug 9th, 1999, 11:49 AM
kam

Kim, Friends of ours have tried this and have given up when they found out the requirements. Why don't you get married here and then go for a wonderfully romantic honeymoon to the Loire Valley. It will save you the headaches. Congrats.

Old Aug 10th, 1999, 04:54 AM
Valerie

Kim, I was married in Florence but had considered France also about 4 years ago. It is really simple if you go through a company that sets up the arrangements for you like I did. You may e-mail me for the name of the company. They are located in the New York area, but they help people all over the USA to get married abroad. You set your level of price and what you want. It was really inexpensive for us, yet they did the paperwork and we just had to show up in Florence 2 days before. Again, any questions just email me.