Weather in Venice

Old Sep 12th, 2002, 11:13 AM
Billie

Weather in Venice

Can anyone enlighten me on what climate to expect in Venice in January? I imagine it is freezing?

Old Sep 12th, 2002, 11:20 AM
Janice

Really depends on what you're used to. I live in Chicago/New York, and I think Venice isn't half bad in January (compared to what I get here) but if you're not accustomed to cold, wind and dampness it can be pretty uncomfortable. Temperature with highs in the high 40's F and lows in the 30's.

Old Sep 13th, 2002, 05:00 AM
sid

If you would like some good and cheap accommodation in Venice, please send me an email. Have a nice day !

Old Sep 13th, 2002, 05:36 AM
Alice Twain

In Italy it hardly freezes anywhere near the sea. Leave frozen puddles on the streets to us here in Milano (and to those in Turin!!!), Venice isn't so cold. But it can be wet, damn wet!

Old Sep 13th, 2002, 09:41 AM
claire

I spent the week after Christmas in Venice some years back. The most BONE-CHILLING cold I've ever been! And, I'm from the mountainous part of the Mid-Atlantic states. Wind, dampness & all of that stone coupled with cold air & water can really make it frigid. BUT, we had a terrific time anyway. Just bundled up for everything, including the art inside unheated churches & palazzos. And stopped in nearly every caffe/bar we passed for a hot drink. Venice is magical.