Reload this Page >

how is venice in Jan? shall i go?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4th, 2002, 02:40 PM
beentold

I will be there on the 8th of January for four days. IS it a good time to go? I was told it will be too dead and dreary at that time. I was also told there will be no tourists at that time so it will be scary to go out at night because there will be noone there.... is there any truth to this?

Old Oct 4th, 2002, 08:03 PM
How do we know what

Let's see...<BR><BR>&lt;&lt; I was told &gt;&gt;<BR><BR>&lt;&lt; I was also told &gt;&gt;<BR><BR>&lt;&lt; is there any truth to this? &gt;&gt;<BR><BR>Would you lie to us? How would we know if this is what you were told or not?<BR><BR>

Old Oct 4th, 2002, 08:16 PM
Lesli

Sure, the weather won't be great. But the fact that there will be fewer tourists is a *good* thing! <BR><BR>I can't imagine Venice being "scary," ever. People do actually live there, year round, mostly to work in the tourist industry. Maybe you'll have the chance to talk with some of them during the quiet season. They'll just be recovering from the New Year's crowds when you arrive.<BR><BR>If you do a text search here for "venice and january," you'll see that quite a few people go there at that time of year. It's a beautiful place. Enjoy your visit.

Old Oct 5th, 2002, 05:51 AM
Athena

Anytime you have a chance to go to Venice -- GO!

Old Oct 5th, 2002, 06:17 AM
Leslie

For weather info:<BR><BR>www.weather.com<BR>select the "World" tab at top<BR>type "Venice, Italy" into the box<BR>scroll down to "Averages & Records"<BR>Click on daily averages and you will see all kinds of useful info about typical January weather

Old Oct 5th, 2002, 07:04 AM
KYW

January will be colder, but there will be less tourists. So, yes, go in January. Yes, go to Venice anytime! It's a marvelous city!!!<BR><BR>Happy travels!

Old Oct 6th, 2002, 01:45 PM
xxx

I have booked to go to Venice mid January and noticed that all the pictures of Venice in winter were empty of people. Is it really like that in winter? It really looked like a deserted city and i even got goose bumps. How is it for those who have been there that time of year?

Old Oct 7th, 2002, 03:46 PM
Topper

Whatever.... <BR><BR>Don't know where you saw these pictures or why you have a problem with lack of hordes. But people have already answered this question. <BR><BR>If you don't like it, don't go.