Reload this Page >

Weather in Southern Germany in October?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16th, 2002, 07:47 AM
lynda

We had tickets to Germany for next week. It looks like we will have to reschedule since my mother in law is very ill and is not expected to live but a couple of weeks. What is the weather like in early October in Southern Germany and eastern France. We have been to this area many times, but always a little earlier in the fall. Will we be able to spend lots of our time outdoors? We particularly like the outdoor beer gardens in Germany.

Old Sep 16th, 2002, 10:22 AM
xxx

ttt

Old Sep 17th, 2002, 12:30 AM
christi

HI,<BR><BR>I live in Stuttgart and I can only tell you that it just depends on the year. It will probably be in the high 50s or low 60s and last year it was sunny but always prepare for rain! You can never tell!

Old Sep 17th, 2002, 07:03 AM
Monica

Went to southern Germany last year in October and was surprised at how warm it was (we had a few days where we would've been comfortable in shorts and T-shirts.) The weather was great - lots of sun and bright blue skies. We only had one day of rain in two weeks.

Old Sep 17th, 2002, 07:33 AM
xxx

Last year it was exceptionally nice and warm in October in southern Germany but that's not normal! Expect highs around 50-60 and if you're lucky it will be warmer.