Weather in Paris next week

Jun 20th, 2007, 12:09 PM
Original Poster

Weather in Paris next week

We're going to be in Paris from 6/27-7/1. Just checked weather.com, and it looks like showers and highs in the upper 60's the whole time. I've never been to Paris, so I am wondering if this is fairly typical for late June. I had planned to pack mostly sundresses and skirts, and summery clothing, but am now wondering if I'll be cold. Is Paris one of those places where it rains for a bit, but stays pretty warm, and then stops, and so you just keep going through it and it is no problem, or should I rethink how I'm packing and go for jeans, sweaters and rain gear? Not asking anyone to perform the miracle of weather prediction, but just provide context for late June in Paris. I can't think of anywhere in the US where 4 days of predicted rain the last few days of June is common, so I'm just wondering if this is an odd weather system or fairly normal there. Thanks.
Jun 20th, 2007, 12:11 PM

Have you ever been to Boston? Can rain the entire month of June there. And today it is really hot over here. I live in Switzerland, not too far from Paris and we usually get their weather a day later. Our forecast for the next ten days is rain, rain, rain. In fact, it is just starting up now.
Jun 20th, 2007, 12:14 PM
Original Poster

Actually, I *live* in Boston. And I can't remember it ever raining the entire month of June. Maybe a day or two here or there. That's why I asked. UGH-- so disappointed about the weather.
Jun 20th, 2007, 12:19 PM

Lukesaunt, we will be there next week as well. I am thinking that we had better weather in Paris in March. Now I have to rethink my whole wardrobe strategy. But it will still be Paris.
Jun 20th, 2007, 12:21 PM

I lived there all my life until age 44 and actually can recall wearing a suede jacket and jeans on July 4 because it was so frigidly cold and raining. Well, I actually lived on Nantucket and we were beside ourselves because I worked in the hotel industry and bad weather is bad for business.

The past week we have had a thunderstorm every night. The days have been quite warm and really humid (for over here, piece of cake for a Beantowner) and then after sunset the thunderstorms come in the night and it clears up again in the morning. So maybe that is what you will experience. If you are looking at the same kind of weather report that we have in Switzerland it doesn't actually say what time of day it will rain, just that it will.

Pack the mini-umbrella and enjoy the sales next week!
Jun 20th, 2007, 12:23 PM

Lately it's been super muggy with tremendous thunderstorms in Paris. Don't know about next week.
Jun 20th, 2007, 02:47 PM

I've been to Paris 9 times, mostly during June. It can be hot, it can be rainy & quite chilly. Even when it's warm, I find I always need a sweater or jacket in the evening. Don't forget, Paris is fairly far north (in comparison to the US). I think it's around the latitude of Newfoundland. The last time there I arrived after 10 days in Provence and was miserable after the warmth of southern France. It rained the entire time and was in the 60's. Unfortunately, I had only 1 pair of non-sandle shoes. The pair had leather soles & never dried out. Wet feet, no raincoat. Disatrous except that Paris is glorious no matter the weather. I hope you enjoy your trip no matter what Mother Nature has in store for you.
Jun 20th, 2007, 03:07 PM
mms

We leave tomorrow and I was wondering the same thing. We live in OR, so are used to cold and rain in June, but wasn't sure what to expect for Paris. Had just convinced myself to leave my jacket behind, til I read these posts. Guess it will come along.
Jun 22nd, 2007, 08:02 PM

I was really surprised by this too. I had been told to expect Paris to be blazing hot in July. We leave for Paris on June 30. I had not planned for cool weather. Some days next week it shows a high of 62 and low in the 40's.
Jun 22nd, 2007, 08:20 PM

My DD was in Paris on Tuesday, she said it was rather warm; enough that some of the kids in her group got sunburned and then later on that day it poured down rain. Today she is in Nice and said the weather was great.

As far as rain the last days of June in the US, it always rains in June somewhere in Washington State. My mother use to say never expect nice weather until after the 4th of July in southwest Washington state.
Jun 22nd, 2007, 09:29 PM

We're going to Geneva, Switzerland next week where the highs will be in the 60's with rain and then we head up to Verbier in the mountains where it is predicting some days to have high temperatures in the 40's but mainly in the 50's (with 30's at night). However, after that we head to Barcelona, Spain, where the temperatures are in the 80's.

We're from the Deep South so the Switzerland leg will be quite chilly for us.

By the way, I was monitoring temps and last week it got to 86 in Geneva, so you just never know.

Just pack for warm, cold, sun, and rain and you'll be fine.