Weather in May

Old Mar 27th, 2003, 03:04 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Weather in May

I'm sure I'll have a few more questions before we leave but here's a second or third--We arrive Rome May 2nd staying at the Hotel San Carlo for six nights. (Our first time to Europe, YEAH!) Can someone tell me what kind of weather to expect and what to pack? I'm coming from Florida so I'm used to warm weather! Thanks.
Old Mar 27th, 2003, 03:39 PM

We always travel in early May to Rome -- 4 times in the last 5 years; we're retired -- and the weather is always delightful, usually around 72 degrees, although there has been an occassional hot day. No cold days. Very little rain too. My wife dresses like Spring in New York. I do too, but not as fashionably. We also dress in layers, so we can we can wear a little more or a little less as the weather dictates
Old Mar 27th, 2003, 04:10 PM
Original Poster

Thanks Charlie. I was hoping for that weather because that is a perfect Florida day and my wardrobe will accommodate it nicely!
Old Mar 27th, 2003, 06:06 PM

I am heading to the San Carlo in Rome on May 15 from Fort Lauderdale. You will have to let us know how the San Carlo is please..<BR>Happy Travels,<BR>Gary
Old Mar 28th, 2003, 12:19 AM
Original Poster

Gary- I would love to report before you leave, however, after Rome we leave for a 12 day cruise around Europe ending in Copenhagen, then five more days in Copenhagen. We will still be in Europe when you leave. If I can remember, when I find an internet cafe I'll post from there as I will be keeping in touch with family back home. Here's hoping we like the San Carlo!!
Old Mar 28th, 2003, 06:50 AM

LThom, it sounds like you are taking a incredible trip. I wish I could get that much time away from my office. It was like pulling teeth to get 10 days instead of the normal 7 day week. I hope your trip is as great as it sounds.<BR>Happy Travels<BR>Gary
Old Mar 28th, 2003, 06:54 AM

In general I think Charlie is quite correct with his weather advice, but we too have been to Rome a number of times in May and almost always have encountered some rain. My umbrella always goes with me to Europe, as does my raincoat and I think I have used both on every trip.<BR><BR>Last year was unseasonably rainy in Italy and colder than usual. Don't mean to put a damper (no pun intended) on your plans, but I would suggest bringing rain gear and jacket or sweaters just in case.
Old Mar 29th, 2003, 03:27 AM
Original Poster

Thanks everyone for your replies. I do intend to layer as I tend to be cold blooded!! And, the umbrella is already on my list. Yes Gary, it is going to be an incredible trip. I shouldn't be taking that much time from my office but I'm doing it anyway and hope it's there when I get back! My husband is spending most of his vacation time with very little left for the year but it will be worth it I'm hoping. Again, I will try to remember and post re: the San Carlo. Laura