Weather in France

Jul 18th, 2005, 10:17 AM
Original Poster

Weather in France

I will be in France in the last week of Jul ( one week away). I am going to be in Paris, Loire Valley, Bordeaux and Dordogne. Would anyone have an idea of what kind of weather to expect. We have kids with us and need to carry clothes accordingly. Any suggestions...
Jul 18th, 2005, 10:21 AM

Here's the 10 day forecast for Paris:

http://www.intellicast.com/Local/Int...t&prodnav=none

We'll be doing the same trip one week behind you!
Jul 18th, 2005, 10:49 AM

We just returned from the Loire and Paris on Saturday. I have to say we were very hot in Paris!!! I think the temp was around 90 and it felt it! We stayed one night w/o air and one night with. I was pretty miserable w/o! The Loire is going through a drought and heat wave as is much of France. I would pack cool clothing with some light sweaters or jackets for the evening just in case it cools off. We were wearing sleeveless all day and night! It was quite cool in Normandy and Brittany...but the Loire was totally different.
Jul 18th, 2005, 10:58 AM

Check the 10 day forecast the day you leave..that will give you a good idea. Yahoo.com for the weather is always good..you can get the weather for any of the cities on the site.
Jul 18th, 2005, 11:06 AM

Bordeaux and Dordogne will be dependably hot - Loire more variable - spent 10 Julys there and it can get cool and rainy - hi's in 50s but recent years has seen more hot than cool weather. Bring a sweater and some rain gear - long-range weather forecasts don't always pan out in my experience.
Jul 18th, 2005, 11:06 AM

I know that it must not always be true, but I have *never* been in any European city in the summer when I did not have to look around to remind myself I was not in the Florida summer heat and humidity!! Maybe it is only in the cities, b/c of all the bldgs and pavement....It must be less oppressive in the countryside.
Jul 18th, 2005, 11:08 AM

Of course weather is entirely unpredictable, but generally speaking the Dordogne is very hot, and often humid, at the end of July. You may also get thunderstorms, sometimes big ones. The Loire Valley may be somewhat cooler, but I doubt it will be cool. France is having a great deal of heat this summer in general.
Jul 19th, 2005, 02:00 AM

the weather is much cooler now (at least in Dijon) max 25C today and it should go on a few days.
http://weather.yahoo.com/forecast/FR...?force_units=1
have a nice day
Jul 20th, 2005, 06:42 AM

do you know the weather in mid Sept ? will it need an air conditioner ?
Jul 20th, 2005, 07:23 AM

HI--September in Paris could still be hot, but we needed the AC in March in Paris even though it was cold and raw outside. The room was stuffy and noisy, and the AC made it airy and drowned out the ambient noise.

PS Opening the lovely large windows was not an option unless one could tolerate a *high* level of street noise.