We have a first!

Jul 14th, 2001, 06:25 AM
s.fowler

We have a first!

Myriam has generously shared some delightful pictures of her hometown, Brussels, with the "fodorite" pages. YES -- it is our first "native" contribution. There mst be others of you who have taken pictures of your European hometown -- Myriam has broken the ice... What we are really missing on the site are some pictures of Germany.

To see Myriam's pictures please go http://geocities.com/dhfsbf/fodorite/fodor.htm and then click on pictures. Enjoy!

Jul 14th, 2001, 06:39 AM
Judy

Hi Sally, I really enjoy the pictures, and I wanted to thank you for posting them. Hopefully, we will have some pics from our Atlanta Fodorite gathering? Keep 'em coming!
Judy ;-)

Jul 14th, 2001, 07:03 AM
s.fowler

Thanks Judy! Yes PLEASE -- some pictures of the Atlanta GTG. Maybe you can shame those SoCals into sneding some too!

Jul 14th, 2001, 07:10 AM
Maira

Myriam, please, please explain the picture titled "Manneken Pis in the colours of FC Barcelona". What a riot!

Sally, you are very gracious by facilitating such a nice treat for posters. Thank you.

Jul 14th, 2001, 07:20 AM
s.fowler

Maira -- I liked that one too She also had a picture, I think, of the soccer club, or its fans, holding a banner which I didn't post -- too many great pictures ... not enough space

Jul 14th, 2001, 12:42 PM
s.fowler

Topping for Myriam.

Jul 14th, 2001, 12:58 PM
Myriam

The usual state of "Manneken Pis" is nude but people often dress him up in the most unusual outfits. The costume he's wearing on the picture is the one the football players of FC Barcelona wear because there was going on a get-together from the Barcelonese community in Brussels.

By the way, Sally, Brussels is not my hometime. I live near Antwerp but never mind

Jul 14th, 2001, 01:08 PM
s.fowler

My bad

FYI Myriam lives near ANTWERP!

Jul 14th, 2001, 02:20 PM
Diane

Hey! We're going to Manneken Pis for dinner tonight! Not in Brussels, alas, but Olney, MD. It is our fav restaurant in town, with delightful moules and other elegant Belgian cuisine. I'll have to print out a copy of picture and give it to the owner, compliments of my Fodor's friends.