Cheap flights between Manchester/London?

Jul 7th, 2001, 09:15 AM
tim

Cheap flights between Manchester/London?

Are there any airlines that provide service between Manchester/London at a reasonable price? If there's an airline that flies out of Luton or Stansted, that'd be a big plus.

Jul 7th, 2001, 10:09 AM
jhm

Try lastminute.co.uk, ryanair.co.uk, easyjet.co.uk.

Jul 8th, 2001, 01:15 AM
sarah

Hi
I think you will find that none of the cheaper airlines have a service between lon and man - your best bet will probably be BA at around 100 (return)!!!
Easyjet do hav a service between luton and liverpool I suppose you could take the train from there!

Jul 8th, 2001, 02:56 AM
Kavey

Hi Tim

There is a fast train from Euston to Manchester, about 3 hours. Thats longer than a flight but not when you consider the check in time and getting to the airport.

Also there is a station right at Manchester airport, you come out and it's a 3 minute walk to the entrance of the airport.

Kavey

Jul 8th, 2001, 03:30 AM
Michelle

There are no cheap flights that I know of - I've paid up to 120 GBP for the round trip. However, if you're doing this as an additional leg when you've flown international on BA or any of its affliates, you can have this leg charged at the extra mileage rate and cost comes down to around 60GBP. You sometimes have to point out the availability of this lower charge as it isn't always offered.

I've also purchased a round trip when I only wanted a one-way as that too is sometimes cheaper.

Jul 14th, 2001, 07:31 AM
Lara

Take the train. Cheaper than flying. We took it from London to Manchester for a football game.

Jul 14th, 2001, 11:55 AM
jo

Try this website

www.europebyair.com

I don't know if they have what you are looking for but I just used them from Venice to Sicily for $89 one way. We flew on Alpi Eagles and thought it was a great airline.

Jul 14th, 2001, 02:56 PM
Alec

British Regional Airlines, a franchise partner of BA, have started a four-daily flights between Manchester and London Stansted. Return fare starts at GBP112 including taxes, and is bookable through BA site, www.british-airways.com. AFAIK there is no scheduled service to Luton from MAN. easyJet scrapped their Liverpool - Luton service earlier this year. If you are only flying one-way, consider renting a car and driving. You can rent a small car one-way from around GBP60 per 24 hours (plus GBP15 petrol) and it takes about 3 hours to drive the 170 miles to Luton. If possible leave very late (after 9 pm) or very early (before 4 am) to beat the congestion around Birmingham. I did this myself recently and it was OK.