Warwick Champs-Elysees (Paris)

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9th, 2004, 09:29 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can anyone provide first-hand feedback on the Warwick hotel in the 8e.? Couldn't find any written feedback. I have a booking for the Royal Hotel (8e.) for similar rates. However, the Royal hotel has a V-day promotion whereby breakfast and a boat cruise is included. I'm kinda torn now because the Warwick is offering slightly cheaper rates less those aforementioned bonuses. My decision to stay with the current booking is strictly contingent upon whether the Warwick has a nicer facility or not. For instance, room size, location, service, etc.. I've heard good reviews about the (Le)Royal hotel, but would it be worth taking the 'nicer' hotel for the same cost? I know that question is a no brainer, however, problem is I don't know how much nicer the Warwick is.. It really looks like it caters to business travelers. What do you guys think?
Old Feb 9th, 2004, 09:46 AM

Take all of this with a great big grain of salt, because it is about 10 year old information.

We were in Nice when my partner got news of his father's passing. We cancelled the rest of our trip and were working with American Airlines to get us home, but the bottom line was it was Memorial Day weekend and try as we might, there was no way to get to Dayton, Ohio in time for the funeral. So we remained in Paris. Now that our hotel in Paris was cancelled we had an impossible time rebooking one -- something huge in Paris that weekend. Our concierge at the Negresco in Nice finally got us a room at the Warwick.
It was a very nice hotel. All the interiors were slick and modern -- sort of Italian red mica and black lacquer finish. We were only disappointed because it was so NOT what we wanted in Paris. But it was a nice hotel and right off the Champs Elysees -- NOT our choice of location, either.

The Warwick remains the place where I encountered the rudest treatment I ever got in Paris. We went to the concierge there and asked him about information to get to Giverny. We asked him if it would be better to rent a car for the day, or how involved the train and bus connections would be. He looked me square in the eye and said, "Well, which way do you want to go? When you figure that out that I'll go the trouble of telling you how to get there!" I ended up actually apologizing to him for not being clear and explaining that I wanted whichever would be the easiest and quickest, not as concerned with the cost as the time involved. With that he repeated, "well, then you figure it out" and he walked away from me. We had also asked him for restaurant suggestions in the neighborhood and he told us he didn't do that, but if we gave him the name of a restaurant he'd tell us where it was.
Old Feb 9th, 2004, 09:54 AM

Have you read the reviews over on tripadvisor.com?
Old Feb 9th, 2004, 01:44 PM
Original Poster

Tripadvisor doesn't have any first-hand written reviews of this hotel. At least nothing that I could find.

I wouldn't be surprised that you'd run into some a**holes in Paris, but not at a Hotel establishment. Now I think about it, I did have a similar experience a few months ago this past summer. A staff member insisted on debating a matter with me with a tone similar to that of an adult to a four year old. He did this in front of his staff member while managing to 'respectfully' address me as "Doctor". Needless to say I was not insulted by his disrespect, but rather amused by it.
Old Feb 10th, 2004, 03:10 AM

Some comments on this hotel are posted here - http://www.paris.org/Hotels/hotel.cg...81809777570707
Old Feb 10th, 2004, 05:28 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the link, but where are the remarks posted? There's a link to leave a remark, but I don't see one to view posted remarks. I'm I glancing over it somehow?
Old Feb 10th, 2004, 05:31 AM
Original Poster

Just double checked. I don't see any remarks on this hotel there either. I do see remarks for other hotels so apparently the remarks would have been pasted right on that very link you provided.
Old Feb 10th, 2004, 05:33 AM

You can go to where there's a link that says "Hotels",click on it, and it will bring you to how you wish to search for the hotel: either by arrondisement number or by alphabet.
If you choose by alphabet click on "W" and it'll give you all the hotel names beginning with "W". Click on "Warwick, Le" and then you'll see all the comments. I'm not sure if they give dates on when the comments were submitted.