Want to visit Prague and Budapest

Old Dec 30th, 2006, 05:25 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Want to visit Prague and Budapest

I plan on visiting Prague and Budapest and traveling by rail bet. the two. How long would you allot in each place - 3 days????????

Also has anyone used http://www.gate1travel.com/about.htm?

Txs.

Roma
Old Dec 30th, 2006, 05:46 AM

I think that would be a reasonable idea if that's what fits best into your schedule and budget. If you have more time, I have spent more than that in Prague and you might add a day or more there -- especially if you wanted to do any day trips from the city. I have only been in Budapest once for a day so am no expert there, but I think three days would be okay there, I would add more to Prague than Budapest.

I never used Gate1travel but know someone who has and was satisfied, I think it has a good reputation.
Old Dec 30th, 2006, 05:52 AM

I've been to both, and I think three days is fine for each place. If you find yourself getting bored after two days, you can do a daytrip somewhere. During my three days in Budapest, I did a daytrip to Pecs, Hungary. Haven't been myself, but many people do daytrips to Cesky Krumlov from Prague.

When we went, we also did three days in Vienna, which is between Budapest and Prague by train. If you have time, I'd recommend that.
Old Dec 30th, 2006, 06:44 AM

If you have time allot at least a day or 2 for Vienna.
I've never used gate1travel.
This is an easy enough trip to plan yourself, you won't need a travel agency.
Use the search button and put in Prague and/or Budapest. You'll find a wealth of info.
Old Dec 30th, 2006, 07:24 AM

I would allow at least 3 days in Prague. Can't speak for Budapest as we did not have enough time. We traveled from Vienna to Melk to Cesky Krumlov to Prague. Found it better to do by car than train and dropped the car in Prague.

We also used a private guide in Prague that was excellent and very reasonable and knowledgeable. Least expensive private guide we have ever had. Sarka Palantova [email protected] At least that was her e-mail when we contacted her.

Have a great trip.