Prague/Budapest Extra days

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4th, 2007, 07:53 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We are going to Budapest, Vienna, and Prague in that order in June. Originally we figured we were going to spend 4 nights in Prague (giving us 3 full days); 3 in Vienna and 4 in Prague but realized that we have one more day than we thought. We will be arriving late in Budapest so actually will only have 3 full days there. So, don't know whether to add the extra day to to Budapest giving us 4 full days or to Prague giving us 5 full days..... In Budapest we would like to go to a spa and in Prague on the day trip (can't remember name but starts with a T) to the concentration camp.......

Suggestions appreciated.... Thanks, Judy
Old Jan 4th, 2007, 08:34 AM
kja

It depends on your interests and what you want to see and do in these locations. Personally, I'd add at a day to Vienna. Enjoy!
Old Jan 4th, 2007, 01:21 PM

ttt
Old Jan 4th, 2007, 01:37 PM

I'm confused by your original posting because I know you didn't mean to mention Prague twice. I can't speak to Budapest, but in my opinion, Prague is well worth 5 days, whether or not one day is spent on a daytrip to Terezin. There are other popular daytrips from Prague as well, especially if you like castles and quaint towns.
Old Jan 4th, 2007, 06:35 PM
Original Poster

I just re-read my post and it is somewhat confusing but thanks for your suggestions and we will more than likely add one extra day to Prague. We love quaint towns - will not have a car though - any suggestions????

Thanks
Old Jan 5th, 2007, 01:59 AM

Personally, I would give the extra night to either Budapest or Vienna. Prague is lovely, but the bits of interest to the visitor are concentrated in a small area, and you can cover them fairly quickly.

There are more things to see and do in the other two cities, even if they don't have the high impact of the Old Town Square or the Charles Bridge.