Walking from Borghese Museum to the Spanish Steps

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1st, 2008, 12:26 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will be one of three chaperones walking with 30 teenagers from the Museum to the Spanish Steps following our 11:00 AM tour of the museum. Can anyone suggest the quickest/safest walking route for us to follow? Thanks in advance for your advice.
Old Jun 1st, 2008, 04:42 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I'd walk through the Villa Borghese park. I'm assuming as a chaperone you'll have a good map of Rome.
Old Jun 1st, 2008, 05:45 PM

I have walked the route several times, quickest way is along the wall, but the traffic is always very busy, you might be better walking along the Viale del Museo Borghses in the park, leave from Porta Pinciana, then walk down to Spnish Steps.
Old Jun 1st, 2008, 07:01 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
If responsible for a group of 30 teenagers, I'd want to keep them in a group and within sight. Much easier to do if walking through the park and not on a narrow sidewalk along a busy street.
Old Jun 1st, 2008, 07:09 PM

I would also walk through the park. Easier to watch everyone and less concerns about somehow making a wrong turn and losing someone. Won't add much time either. Overall an easy walk. If you've never been there before, be warned that once at the bottom of the Spanish Steps there will be SWARM of people. Make plans to meet up before heading down into the throngs at the base of the Spanish Steps.
Old Jun 1st, 2008, 09:25 PM

Hello magistra, a suggestion. I would tell the students that if anyone gets seperated from the group that they should go to the front of the American Express Office at the bottom of the Spanish Steps. Easy to find and easy for you to find them. Best regards.