Volcano View Villas Santorini

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25th, 2003, 11:39 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have been looking for some-one who has stayed at the Volcano Villas.
I note that a person using the name 'Grandmere'has stayed in this hotel. I wonder if you could kindly give me some details on this establishment. In fact I would like to hear from any-one that has information on this hotel.
Thanks.
Old Apr 26th, 2003, 02:19 PM

Not sure how detailed I was before, or if you're wanting to hear from another person, but I can say that we were very happy with VVV. We stayed there thru a package put together by Fantasy Travel in Athens so I don't know the price. Have you checked out the VVV website?

The rooms/studios/villas are built into the terraced hillside overlooking the caldera, and the view is stunningly beautiful from the private patios outside the rooms. They also overlook a very pretty pool. The buffet breakfast is ample and provides variety. (Our hotel in Athens only served a continental style breakfast.)

The VVV are not located in Fira, but are not far away; the hotel provides a shuttle, on the hour, I believe, to and from town. In the evening we used a taxi; no biggee.

I can't imagine a more beautiful view of the caldera; there are probably more luxurious hotels, but VVV certainly was way above "average".

Anything more specific I can answer?

Old Apr 26th, 2003, 11:15 PM
Original Poster

Grandmere, thank you for the info much appreciated.
Old Apr 28th, 2003, 07:02 AM

I'm also thinking of staying here in June. When they say a "double" room, do you know if that is a "double" bed, or just two single beds? I saw some beds like this on the web site & was wondering. Also, how were the bathrooms in the rooms? I've read they are very small. Thanks!
Old Apr 28th, 2003, 07:19 AM

We had a twin room, ie, two single beds, but I would imagine that they do have what we call double beds. Our bathroom, whereas not spacious, was not tremendously small, by European standards. I've had smaller!

That said, I think there are different classes/prices of rooms there, and that probably makes the difference in size, etc. We arrived late at night (b/c the ferry was delayed due to heavy winds around Myk.), and we were put in a room that was small, didn't have a view, etc., but were promised (and received) a nicer one the next day for the rest of our stay.

I'd call/email/fax and ask about those details.
Old May 19th, 2003, 07:06 AM

Is anything walkable from VVV? Any resturants or bars?

How are the size of the studio rooms? decor?
Old May 19th, 2003, 01:40 PM

Lots of people have talked about this hotel....needing a little more info...

anything in walking distance?

How much a cab is to Fira?

Did you like the area over Fira or Oia?
Old May 19th, 2003, 06:14 PM

In the process of booking 3 nights Athens (Attolas Hotel) and 5 nights Volcano View Villas in Santorini...The question is, having 2 full days in Athens, should we do a 1/2 day city tour of Athens and leave a day free to roam around, or should we do a day trip to Delphi...Would this be too rushed??
When we get to Santorini (we are taking high speed ferry to Santorini and flying back), what can you suggest to make the most out of the 5 days?? Thanks
Old May 19th, 2003, 06:14 PM

oops, that was supposed to be a new topic!!