Katikies Hotel - Advice needed!

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9th, 2006, 06:31 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi. My husband and I are considering staying at Katikies Hotel in May but really only the cheapest room is in our budget. Has anyone stayed in this type of room at Katikies?? Please help if you can. Thanks so much!
Old Dec 9th, 2006, 08:15 PM

What sort of help are you asking for?
Old Dec 10th, 2006, 07:01 PM
Original Poster

Just wanted to know if anyone has stayed in a basic room here and if so would they recommend it? I am afraid of spending a lot of money for a small, unspecial room in a so called "luxury" hotel.
Old Dec 10th, 2006, 09:18 PM

I don't blame you for wondering what you might find there. 415 Euro is a lot to spend for a room, especially since it's the least expensive room there. I toured this property last year and inspected all the room categories. They have not skimped on any of them. This is a lovely small hotel with excellent service and a well-trained staff. If that's where you choose to stay I don't think you'll be dissatisfied.

I will say, however, that for the money I truly believe you can do better. Before you make your final decision check out the Perivolas Villas, the White House Villas, Aspaki Suites and Oia Castle. They're all different, some with pools and some without. My favorites are the Aspaki Suites. They are truly spectacular, although there's no pool. Same company owns the Oia Castle, and one of the rooms has a private indoor pool.
Old Dec 12th, 2006, 02:27 PM
GBC

We stayed at Katikies (in May, as it happens.) We were not in the most basic room but one step up from that. It was very comfortable and with a very nice little terrace and a wonderful, private view. I think any room there would be fine. The difference might be that the view from some is slightly better or perhaps a king size bed. What sets Katikies apart, in my view, is the service that they provide. They really do anticipate your requests and meet them with a smile. When we were there (2005), nothing was too much. An attitude that started right at the top with the manager who is very much on the scene. The one note of caution would be that we had dinner there. It was OK but really not worth what we spent. This is a very small problem because within a few steps there are many wonderful restaurants to pick from. The pool is beautiful and has been the cover of several travel magazines. I can't comment on the other options but I respect the judgement of brotherleelove who postings contributed to a wonderful trip for us.