COVID-19 Travel Advisory: Stay up to date with the latest on the coronavirus pandemic.   Learn More >


Old Sep 5th, 2013, 08:57 PM
Original Poster
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 1

Hello! I just want to ask if acquiring for "visa service" companies would be an efficient way for me apply for a tourist visa? If so, what are the requirements or qualities that I should look for in a "visa-assisting company"? We have a lot of companies here, in our country, that offer promising visa-assisting services.
annie_anne is offline  
Old Sep 5th, 2013, 09:00 PM
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 4,838
What is your country, Annie? Hard to give meaningful answers with so little information.

Besides, it would seem to me that a direct inquiry by you to the embassies of the countries you might want to visit would give you much more accurate information than we on a travel forum.
nukesafe is offline  
Old Sep 5th, 2013, 09:41 PM
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 19,881
What sort of visa are you looking for?
alanRow is offline  
Old Sep 6th, 2013, 02:06 AM
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 543
'our country' - no indication of your country.
You may not even need a tourist visa.
As above, more input from you required.
WomBatt is offline  
Old Sep 6th, 2013, 02:10 AM
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 11,212
It does depend on what type of visa you're looking for. If it's a simple tourist visa you could probably easily do it yourself. If it's a long term visa or you're pressed for time then use a company. Don't you have some type of agency that oversees the creditability of agencies? You could call the consulate of whatever country you want a visa for and ask them to recommend a visa agency.
adrienne is offline  
Old Sep 6th, 2013, 04:55 AM
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 4,378
Normally for Schengen visa for those who require it: You can do it yourself, bearing in mind the protocol for which country you should apply to (main destination or first Schengen country of arrival when visiting several states for equal duration).
If you have non-standard application, such as previous Schengen visa violations, refused entries or deportations, going through an agent or immigration lawyer may make sense.
Alec is offline  
Old Sep 9th, 2013, 09:35 AM
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 35
Dear Annie

if you are from USA, to get information about a VISA - speaking for Switzerland - you should contact the Swiss Consulate which are located in NYC, Los Angeles (or Montreal for Canada).
love_ch is offline  
Old Sep 9th, 2013, 09:46 AM
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 8,827
I hate to tell you this, but annie_anne doesn't appear to be too interested. First time poster lost in the woods?
Robert2533 is offline  
Related Topics
Original Poster
Last Post
Apr 9th, 2016 09:23 AM
Jun 7th, 2014 04:27 PM
May 22nd, 2014 05:53 PM
Aug 25th, 2013 06:08 PM
Feb 22nd, 2008 01:57 PM

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Do Not Sell My Personal Information