Virgin Atlantic Premium Economy

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10th, 2011, 02:38 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has any one tried Virgin Atlantic Premium economy? It seems a good choice .
I am going from Miami to London and Barcelona, or vice versa. I do not seem to get
good open jaw rates, I have tried only in the net at no avail. Any suggestion.

We are interested mainly in more leg room, food is not important, and VA seems reasonable.
Old Apr 10th, 2011, 03:34 PM

I can't speak to VA, but haved used it on British Airways and United and it does seem a good choice when I can't justify or afford Business Class. My husband is 6'3" and economy is just too tight on a long flight - plus he always gets the person who slams the seat in front of him back on his knees. The food is the same as economy. You might get a better selection of answers if you post this on the airlines forum.
Old Apr 10th, 2011, 03:40 PM

Received 22 Likes on 4 Posts
We have flown Virgin Atlantic's Premium Economy several times and recommend it. You will have larger seats with more leg room and a dedicated cabin.The seats are not as good as a Business Class seat on other airlines but they are a big improvement over economy seats. The food is similar to economy. You also have a special check-in line at Heathrow which is helpful so it's quite a bargain. We also prefer to take the daytime flights and have done so from Newark twice, staying overnight at LHR if we're traveling beyond the UK.
Old Apr 10th, 2011, 09:39 PM

You won't get good open jaw rates with Virgin.

Virgin's only European base is London. Flights purporting to go elsewhere in Europe involve some kind of partner - which inevitably involves extra cost. Virgin's definition of partnership always means the customer pays any extra cost Virgin incur.
Old Apr 11th, 2011, 06:18 AM

You get bigger seats/more leg room (though not a huge difference to economy), plus wine/orange juice before take-off, and papers and magazines to read. You are also (usually) nearer the front of the aircraft and can thus decamp more quickly. On a transatlantic flight with 400+ people taking blooming ages to get their bags etc, this can add up to quite a large time-saving.
Old Apr 11th, 2011, 06:39 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
When I traveled in VA Premium Economy the food was EXACTLY THE SAME as Economy.
Old Apr 14th, 2011, 03:29 PM

The premium economy food is not the same as economy; it has not been the same for a long time. If you can get seats on the upper deck on the 747 you get alot of room and privacy.
Old Apr 15th, 2011, 04:13 AM

We've flown Premium Economy with VA several times now and definitely recommend it. The food's not great, but who expects it to be? But you do get to eat it with metal cutlery and not those awful plastic knives and forks.
There's also been a fresh fruit bowl, little tubs of ice ream etc - it all helps to make it a nicer experience especially if you are like me and hate flying.
Your baggage also comes off the plane quicker, which we have found invaluable as our next stop is the rental car desk and we've had to wait a long while in queues there before. So it's good to beat the rush.
Old Apr 15th, 2011, 04:55 AM

The seats are very comfortable. When we have the points and can find a discount, we fly Virgin Upper class west to east and premium economy, east to west.