Villa Rentals in Provence

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20th, 2004, 03:00 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can anyone recommend a small villa to rent in Provence? There will only be 2 of us travelling, but we really want a taste of the countryside, not a hotel. Or if you know of any online sources or books that would be a good place to get started, we sure would appreciate it.
Old Mar 20th, 2004, 03:02 PM

Just do a Google search for rentals in Provence; you will fiud quite a few agencies and individuals.
Old Mar 20th, 2004, 03:11 PM
Original Poster

I have been doing a lot of that today, but what I am considering travelling to Provence for a month, and am wondering if we might be able to find a better situation. We would love a small place with a kitchen.
Old Mar 20th, 2004, 03:15 PM

I've not used this rental company, but the places look good: www.coquelicot.com

Another frequent poster here has used them; she may see your post and reply with more info.

I think your decision to stay in a house or villa is the way to go; one of our most fun vacations with in a gite outside of Gordes. You could try this website, too. www.gites-de-france.com
Some are a bit primitive, but you could check out the facilities on the website. Good luck!
Old Mar 20th, 2004, 04:06 PM

Kerry at www.francebound.net has some great rentals in Provence and is a pleasure to deal with.
Old Mar 20th, 2004, 05:54 PM

Here's another:

http://www.homesaway.com/
Old Mar 20th, 2004, 06:32 PM

Check www.untours.com. They offer a complete program of round-trip air, two-week apartment rental (can be extended for two more weeks in the same or another apartment) + car rental - all at an unbelievably reasonable price. Although they provide this in many different areas in Europe, Provence is one of their areas that is particularly popular with people who have experienced it.
Old Mar 20th, 2004, 06:40 PM

Check out France the Fench Way

www.france.co.nz

I've used them and the two weeks we had in Venasque were two of the best weeks I've had anywhere.

The owner of this service also outs together great itineries as well as part of the package.

Steve
Old Mar 21st, 2004, 04:56 AM

Also try www.athomeinfrance.com. They have an excellent selection and I used them last year for 16 of us in a villa near Aix. They inspect each place.
Old Mar 21st, 2004, 06:00 AM

I think that grandmere may be referring to me as one who has used and recommended the Coquelicot Agency. We rented two houses from them in September 2000 and were well satisfied, especially in view of their very reasonable prices. Their houses are generally not luxurious, sometimes a bit sparsely furnished, but perfectly adequate for a week's stay. The German couple who run the agency (they speak good English as well as French and German) was easy to work with and answered all my questions quickly by e-mail.

Do take a look at the website grandmere has provided. Be aware that their houses are exclusively in the Luberon area (which I love!). And be sure to check the vacancy list before inquiring about a property. I checked it just now and it looks like their properties are more than half occupied for the late spring and summer months.

I agree that self-catering is a wonderful experience. It can be a great way to save money, but I would do it even if it didn't, just for the extra space and the feeling of living like a local. Hope you find it the same.