Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Villa near Amalfi Coast Aug 2008 for Family Trip (10 people)

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17th, 2007, 08:24 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You have all been so helpful with my post in my search for the "perfect" villa in Tuscany - we have found it and are staying at the Villa Luciano in Londa. Thank you!! I would now appreciate any suggestions/recommendations you could give for a villa near the Amalfi Coast. We are a family of 10 for this leg of the trip (14 in Tuscany!). Thanks, in advance, for any help you can be.
Old Dec 17th, 2007, 08:57 PM

Hi pmd. To the right of the search box here click on Italy and type in Villa's Amalfi Coast in the Search Box. You will see some good threads pop up on the left hand side of the screen which should get you started with finding the perfect place for your group. Best wishes..and enjoy making your plans for visiting beautiful Italy.
Old Dec 17th, 2007, 10:08 PM

Check out www.villeinitalia.com for some great places. I have two sets of friends going in 2008 (one in April and the other in June) who booked through that site with similar group size as yours, and were very pleased with the ease of booking and prompt response to e mail inquiries.

My family group of 15 rented a villa called Il Pozzo in the Massa Lubrense (outside Sorrento) in 2005 through that site, and the villa and views were incredible. We had so many beautiful vistas from the terraces, we never ate a meal inside! The www.villeinitalia.com agent arranged for local cooks to prepare several excellent meals for us, and also arranged private excursions to Capri and the Amalfi Coast to Ravello. Highly recommend, and would use them again.

Enjoy your planning!
Old Dec 17th, 2007, 10:49 PM

Pmd, I am not familar with www.villeinitalia.com but I sure am with Massa Lubrense. It is a beautiful area, just south of Sorrento..something like 6 kilometers (around 3 miles) south of Sorrento. If Italiasubito wrote a trip report than that is the one I am thinking of regarding the villa for a large group. It sounded fantastic.
Old Dec 18th, 2007, 06:17 AM

www.summerinitaly.com