Free online bookings

Search

Free online bookings

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16th, 2007, 10:23 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Free online bookings

Just wanted let you know about this great site, I have booked some hotels through in my last travel to Europe and really I get very good rates and I didnt pre paid I paid at the hotels and in some cases i didnt need a credit card for the booking becuase I arrived to the hotel before 6 pm.
http://www.1blueplanet.com/travel/hotels.html
Old Dec 17th, 2007, 06:23 AM
ira

Hi M,

Before you are accused of advertising on your first and only post, mind giving us a trip report?

Old Dec 17th, 2007, 07:33 AM
Original Poster

It wasnt al my intention to advertise nothing just wanted recommend a service I used and worked great to me.
Last year I gone to Europe and I stopped in Berlin but my next flight to Croatia was bookiedn for the net morning so after search a lot I found there an Airport Hotel, since I arrived aft 6 pm I booked for a "guaranted booking", my flight easyjet arrived was delayed so i arrived at Schonefeld airport 1 hr later, I called to the hotel the Berlin Airport Hotel to he phoine there in the exit of the airport and they told me the didnt had my booking number registered but they send me same the airport shuttle ,(a free service) and athe hotel they told becuase I had my booking printed they will accepted me at the hotel even when was full the have an agreement to do so becuase sometime the system can fail as was my case. I paid 39 Euros and the room ans service was great.
Next morning the took me to the airport for free too.
Whn I back from Croatia again to Berlin and stay there 2 days I took another hotel this time near Branderburg, the Comfort Hotel Weissensee , this time i took an standard booking since i know i wouls arrive at 2 pm so i didnt need input my credit card data and I paid 29 euros per nite.
Before back to home finally I book an hotel in Madrid near the "Gran Via" and I paid 32 Euros.
I was in Europe for private visits in Croatia Germany and Spain but and stayed mostly at friends houses but in my transits to get hotels was a must and to get cheaper too.
Old Dec 17th, 2007, 08:34 AM

Ira - was said yesterday that if Congress passes some bill encouraging the new less energy light bulbs it would be the biggest single thing in reducing greenhouse emissions due to lower power generation

you gotta, as a Fodor icon, change that lightbulb and SAVE THE PLANET
Old Dec 17th, 2007, 07:39 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Whether this is an advertisement or not, I found the website much less helpful than Venere.com for comparing properties. Only a few of their top 10 rated hotels were also top 10 on the Venere and/or Tripadvisor lists, two sites in which I have confidence. So, how does 1blueplanet come up with their ratings?

I plugged in a hotel and dates that I have already booked for a trip in October 2008, and the site showed availability at the same rate I'd already booked. 1blueplanet required a credit card to hold the reservation; exactly the same process as on Booking.com.
Old Dec 18th, 2007, 01:23 AM

I don't mind making booking now but saw all that sites and like 1blueplanet.com because many travel infos there

Old Dec 18th, 2007, 06:54 AM
Jed

What's your bettin' that Mariposa and surfer are one and the same?