Reload this Page >

Vigo, Santiago de Compostela, Rias Baixas

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1st, 2002, 07:29 AM
Ruthith

Hi...I will be on a cruise docking at Vigo in September. What should we do with our 7 hours of touring time? Too little time to take the train to Santiago, tho we could rent a car...love explring little villages, we're great walkers, also love history and culture. Any ideas?

Old Jul 9th, 2002, 03:12 PM
maria

I just came back from Santiago and it's one of the most special places I've ever been. My parents took a cruise last year that stopped in Vigo and took the tour to Santiago offered by the cruise line. They also loved it and thought the approx. 2 hrs bus ride was well worth it.

Old Jul 10th, 2002, 03:15 AM
Davidx

http://travel.roughguides.com/planning/journal.asp?JournalID=9538<BR>You might find something useful on this site.

Old Jul 10th, 2002, 12:11 PM
CathyM

If you think you won't be able to visit Santiago in the short time span, why not consider Pontevedra? It's a very short ride by bus or train and a beautiful town on the Rias Baixas. You may be able to squeeze in a trip from Pontevedra to Cambarro to see the famous horreos.

Old Jul 10th, 2002, 05:29 PM
ANTONIO DADA

I'll be also on Constellation.<BR>I want to go to Santiago also, If you have some information please let me know

Old Jul 11th, 2002, 12:19 PM
maria

Antonio,<BR><BR>The Constellation arrives at Vigo at 7 AM and leaves at 6PM. Celebrity offers an excursion to Santiago . You can get details of this and all excursions offered at the Celebrity website( www.celebritycruises.com). There are also trains between Vigo and Santiago. They take approx. 2 hrs.( you can check their schedule at www.renfe.es), but since you don't have that much time in Vigo I would recommend that you take the excursion. My parents were in the Galaxy last year which stopped in Vigo and they took this excursion. I just came back from Santiago and it's very special. You shouldn't<BR> miss it.