Vienna Hotels: The Sacher vs. The Bristol vs. The Imperial

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2nd, 2004, 06:15 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am planning a trip to Vienna and am deciding between The Imperial, The Hotel Sacher and The Bristol. They all sound equally wonderful. Any thoughts and opinions would be welcome. Thank you and Happy New Year.
Old Jan 2nd, 2004, 07:18 AM

They are all very nice, probably the 3 best upscale hotels in the city. The only thing you'd have to choose, other than having some specific personal preferences, would be the location. I like the Imperial for its location reasonably near some of the big music venues. Good luck.
Old Jan 2nd, 2004, 10:40 AM

Question: what time of the year are you going to be in Vienna? If it's summer, the weather can be hot and very, very humid; so be sure your hotel has air conditioning. We stayed at the SAS hotel there and were quite content.
Old Jan 2nd, 2004, 11:51 AM
BDB

Just came back from 4 Nights at the new Le Meridien Wien, which was wonderful, it is brand new, and probably opened about 6 weeks. It's on the opernstrasse so right beside the sacher and the bristol.

It's more of a technology hotel rather than the old style of the bristol etc. The big thing though for me was cost, for us it was 165 EUR/ Night a special intro offer. The normal rate when the hotel is active will be 395EUR / Night. The staff were very friendly. It's like a boutique hotel but quite big.

Huge rooms with Claw Foot Tubs and high powered showers. 42" Plasma Tv and free internet in the rooms.