Viareggio restaurants

Old May 1st, 2002, 07:57 AM
Karen

Viareggio restaurants

Can anyone recommend restaurants in
Viareggio with good food, ambiance and moderate prices? I can't find much about this town on the web. thanks

Old May 1st, 2002, 10:22 AM
Dawn

Karen,

My husband is from Forte dei Marmi which is one town over and about 10 minutes away. We just got home from Italy 3 weeks ago, and some of our best meals are in and around his home town. If you're interested in traveling the extra minutes, I can post tomorrow.

Dawn

Old May 1st, 2002, 05:50 PM
edward

Don't waste your money eating there. Good food in Viareggio is an oxymoron. In fact don't go to there. Parking is by meter, change hard to get, meter doesn't work, my sister got a parking ticket anyhow. Go to Marmi.

Old May 1st, 2002, 11:19 PM
Vincenzo

Karen,
I can suggest you L'OCA BIANCA in Viareggio, close to the harbour.
The food is more than food, excellent, in my opinion, and so ambiance. Prices, really aren't moderate: 70 euro more or less. It is open only for dinner.
Have a nice trip.

Old May 17th, 2002, 11:54 AM
Karen

Dear Dawn: Thanks for your reply. We won't have a car but perhaps could take a taxi to go to Marmi? If so, any suggestions you have would be appreciated. Karen

Old May 17th, 2002, 12:06 PM
Dawn

Karen,

In Forte dei Marmi - right down by the water. There is a promenade that juts out to the water. Many people will be walking it day and night. The restuarant/bar to the left, (first one) can't remember the name has great pizza. Very cheap and very good.

Querceta - borders on Forte dei Marmi. Il Fico, excellent! Full meal, anti, 1st plate, second, dessert, wine $30 a person if that.

Pietrasanta - Da Demme (my husbands family friends are the owners) same things as IL Fico, very reasonable.
All these towns are right next to each other. Many times you have no idea you've left one for another.

Is there a reason you are staying in Viareggio?