Reload this Page >

Veteran's Day Remembrances

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11th, 2002, 07:51 AM
Judy

Thanks all Veterans, including my Grandfather WWI, Father (WWII), Uncle (Korean War), Husband (Vietnam) and son in law, soon to be in the Persian Gulf for at least 6 months. <BR>We will not forget.<BR>Judy

Old Nov 11th, 2002, 10:30 AM
A Canadian reader

Thanks Judy: No matter what country we call home, we should take a few moments to reflect on all those who have served their country in war and peace. As visitors or would-be visitors to Europe we should never forget the pain and suffering that has plagued the people of Europe for countless generations. Let’s all pray for peace and prosperity for the whole world.

Old Nov 11th, 2002, 10:50 AM
xxx

<BR>True peace in the world would be a wonderful thing, wouldn't it? Problem is, as long as we have nation-states--and nations within states--with different wants, I think we'll always have wars. <BR><BR>

Old Nov 11th, 2002, 02:58 PM
bettyk

Unfortunately, as long as you have religious fanatics bent on killing all the &quot;heathens&quot; in the world, there can be no true peace. Our soldiers lay down their lives to protect us and our freedoms. May God bless them all and keep them safe.

Old Nov 11th, 2002, 03:07 PM
Jen

Thank you to the Veterans who fight for peace. My students wore poppies today and we read In Flanders Fields - strange to be talking about a past war with another big one in the wings possibly. Will continue to pray for peace and understanding.