Reload this Page >

Versailles fountains

Search

Versailles fountains

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19th, 2002, 08:02 AM
Cheryle

Versailles fountains

Hello! Does anyone know if the fountains will be on at Versailles in Oct.? Are there certain days or times that they are not on?<BR>Thanks! Cheryle

Old Sep 19th, 2002, 02:20 PM
Michele

Hi, I just looked on the Versailles web site to check when the fountains were operating. It said that the last day of the season the fountains are operating is Sunday October 6. The fountains and water music go on at 3:30p and run a few hours. They are truly amazing, especially the fountains hidden in the mazes. Don't forget to purchase a Paris Museum pass before going. That way you get to go in an entrance with no line. I think it is entrance B2.<BR> <BR>Michele<BR> <BR> <BR>http://www.chateauversailles.fr/EN/ for the Versailles Web Site<BR> <BR>http://www.chateauversailles.fr/EN/510.asp for the Versailles Calendar<BR>

Old Sep 19th, 2002, 04:08 PM
abd

we did enjoy versailles but were not that impressed with the fountains. They are small and not that impressive visually, which can not be said of versailles. They are only on for an hour or 1.5 hours at a time. By all means go to versailles and if the fountains happen to be on then great, but otherwise know that you are not missing much.

Old Sep 19th, 2002, 09:09 PM
greg

to abd,<BR>Which fountain event were you not impressed with?<BR><BR>Grandes Eaux Spectacle le matin at 11am covering only few fountains near the Chateau,<BR><BR>Grandes Eaux Spectacle l'apr&egrave;s-midi at 15:30 with most of the fountains going on with the music,<BR><BR>F&ecirc;tes de Nuit at night at Bassin de Netune?

Old Sep 19th, 2002, 10:02 PM
Bill Fleites

I totally disagree with abd. Just like the chateau is clearly the most impressive of the royal residences in Europe so are the gardens and it's fountains. I have made three visits to Versailles and on the last one I specifically went to catch the Sunday 3:30PM fountain show and it was simply spectacular. To see all those fountains spring to life to the sounds of beautiful classical music was one of the highlights of my visit there. The most magnificent fountains are naturally the Apollo and the Latona fountains. I spent two hours walking over the grounds and finding all the many smaller fountains hidden in every knook and cranny of the gardens.

Old Sep 22nd, 2002, 11:41 AM
Billy

Ah nuts! We'll be there on Oct 13. I was hoping to see the fountains. Looks like we missed it by 1 week. Oh well, there's always the next trip