Verona, What hotel to stay in?

Old Apr 23rd, 2002, 08:40 PM
Isabella

Verona, What hotel to stay in?

We have only one day in Verona & wanted to reserve Gabbia d'Oro Hotel but it is fully booked for 17 May. We can book the Due Torrei Baglioni in the centro storico or the Relais & Chateau Villa del Quar is available which is about 7 kilometers outside Verona center. Any recommendations?

Old Apr 23rd, 2002, 09:43 PM
Marcie

We stayed at Hotel Bologna (yes, you read this right....in Verona...the Hotel Bologna). We loved it! The room was impecably clean but small and the MOST PERFECT location. Right out your door is everything you want to see. I'd highly recommend it. Like I said the room was small (i.e. cozy) but so clean and the location was great. Marcie

Old Apr 24th, 2002, 06:46 AM
ali

We also stayed at the Hotel Bologna and apart from agreeing that the location is great, the hotel lacks any morsel of charm, is ugly, and our room was gloomy to say the least. Sort of an old motel in a gorgeous city We didn't have reservations which is the only reason we stayed there, but it has nowhere the near the classiness of any Relais and Chateau I've seen. Goes to show how different perspectives can be!

Old Apr 24th, 2002, 06:49 AM
sandi

We stayed at the Guilietta e Romeo hotel. (Vicolo Tre Marchetti, 3) Very clean, excellent location to the main piazza and friendly staff. (The hotel was about $150.00 US)

Old Apr 24th, 2002, 11:34 PM
tommi

We were plesed with Hotel Bologna. Good location, good restaurant. We had a small, but nice, very clean room. Very nice desk people, it rained and they couldn't loan us an umbrella fast enough. If we return, we'll definitely stay there again. As I recall, the price was good also, considering the excellent location. Tommi

Old Apr 25th, 2002, 01:10 AM
Catherine

Does anyone know anything about the Hotel Antica Porta Leona?

Old Apr 25th, 2002, 01:21 AM
mike

I'm unaware of any of the above but stayed at the Villa Del Quar about a 10 minute's drive outside Verona two summers ago.It was excellent ,part of the Relais and Chateux group,set on its own vinyard and farm.A bit pricey,but if you are looking for a holiday experience rather than just accommodation,then it's worth it.Food was great too.<BR>Mike

Old Apr 25th, 2002, 07:39 AM
stan lepelstat

If you stay in the historical center,be extremmely carful if driving.Navigating the center is close to imposible.