Bologna for One Night

Feb 12th, 2007, 11:58 AM
Original Poster

Bologna for One Night

My husband, 10-year-old son, and I are flying into Bologna in June, and staying for one night. We will be driving to Tuscany the next day.

I would appreciate recommendations on hotels in the center of town (preferably about 200 Euros/night). Also, should we pick up a rental car at the airport when we arrive, and try to find parking in town, or pick one up the next day?
Feb 12th, 2007, 12:02 PM
ira

Hi BC,

Can't help with either question, but you might find the Bologna part of my trip report useful:

http://www.fodors.com/forums/threads...2&tid=34451044

Feb 12th, 2007, 12:06 PM

Pick up the car the next day if possible. I stayed at Hotel Roma last year; the location is among the best in the city and the price is much less than 200 Euro. It is a fairly modern business style hotel with good service; not a charming place filled with antiques, though, if that is what you are seeking. Our room on the top floor was very large, with a sitting area.
Feb 12th, 2007, 12:26 PM

The exact center of Bologna is a pedestrian district.

If you are staying at a hotel in this district, you are supposed to drive right past the warning signs (in Italian -- pedestrian zone, police photographs taken), and when you check in, the hotel will call the police station and ask them to let you stay. The hotel can get you a permit to park in some little corner nearby.

This may be more trouble than its worth, especially if you can wait until the next day to pick up the car. Or, you may want to pick a hotel outside the center.

We stayed in a nice small hotel in this district, but I can't remember the name -- something about a rose? I'll try and look it up.
Feb 12th, 2007, 12:49 PM

we stayed at the Albergo Drappiere on a pedestrian walkway in the center of everything. markets righ outside your door and great eating all around. You will need to ask of they have a triple though. Reasonably priced.

http://www.albergodrapperie.com/ing/chisiamo.htm
Feb 12th, 2007, 01:51 PM

another vote for the hotel roma. have stayed there 2x and both times it was fine. excellent location. they will park the car for you so no big deal except its a little hard to find. easier when you go to leave the next day. allow a good day or 2 to see this town its lovely and full of interesting places to see including one of the oldest universities in europe
Feb 12th, 2007, 04:55 PM

I stayed at Hotel Metropolitan in Bologna (130 Euro per night with good breakfast) last month, lovely newly renovated hotel, in between train station and old town centre, less than 10 minutes walk each way, 2-3 minutes walk to Via Righi, where several good restaurants located.

Search this Thread