Reload this Page >

Verona hotel ....

Search

Verona hotel ....

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11th, 2002, 05:50 AM
Bob

Verona hotel ....

Anyone know of a nice hotel in Verona with a rate of $100 or under/nite.<BR><BR>Appreciate your help.<BR><BR>Bob

Old Feb 11th, 2002, 07:10 AM
GGinSF

I was wondering the same thing. Also, is it pretty easy to do a day trip (by train) to Venice if based in Verona?

Old Feb 11th, 2002, 08:47 AM
GAC

Try the two-star Hotel Torcolo on Vicolo Listone, 100 meters from the Area and Piazza Bra. Verona is 90 minutes by train from Venice. A day trip to Venice is possible, but I would not recommend it.

Old Feb 11th, 2002, 09:22 AM
Bob

GAC --<BR><BR>Having trouble getting a fax number or website for Torcolo. I know they are small but do you happen to have a fax or email on them??<BR><BR>Thx. Appreciate it.<BR><BR>Bob

Old Feb 11th, 2002, 09:30 AM
meg

Intrigued about the reasons for not recommending a day trip to venice by train from verona. It's a perfect day trip. we did it the other way round (from venice to verona) and had a great time. Trains are fast and comfortable and the arrival in Venice is great- to step out from the station forecourt on to the Grand Canal- what couldbe better??

Old Feb 11th, 2002, 10:01 AM
GAC

Bob: I'll get you the phone and fax numbers tomorrow.<BR><BR>Meg: The reason I would not recommend a day trip to Venice from Verona is that much of the magic of Venice can only be experienced during the evening-night, and especially at sunset, when the legions of day-trippers leave the City, thereby freeing things up for travelers staying overnight. Also, sunrise in Venice can be worth an overnight. In my opinion, it is easier to justify a day trip to Verona from Venice (although many tourists will not have enough time to spend in Venice proper). You are otherwise correct about the frequency, speed and comfort of the trains from Verona to Venice, and vice-versa.

Old Feb 11th, 2002, 10:05 AM
GAC

Hotel Torcolo<BR>Vicolo Listone <BR>Verona<BR>Tel 045 8007512<BR>Fax 045 8004058<BR>19 rooms<BR>Double room w/ bath: 99 Euros<BR>Breakfast: 10.50 Euros

Old Feb 11th, 2002, 02:21 PM
Bob

GAC,<BR><BR>Thx for your help in getting this info.<BR><BR>Appreciate it.<BR><BR>Bob

Old Feb 12th, 2002, 02:24 AM
Cyn

The Eyewitness Guide lists the numbers for Il Torcolo as 045 800 75 12 fax 045 800 4058. I may go there this weekend for the first time -- we'll see.<BR>I can't find a web site or email.