I am planning a 15 day (13 day really- fly out of pittsburgh friday and arrive saturday and return the second saturday). So far from my research I am most interested in Venice, Tuscany, and Amalfi Coast. I know Amalfi Coast is sort of out of the way from Venice and Tuscany area and am wondering if its doable/worth it. Ive seen many posts on Cinque Terre but honestly i just cant get over the Amalfi reviews and pictures and possible day trips (Capri!Pompeii!) I am honestly most interested in Tuscany and Amalfi and would only like to spend a few days in Venice as I know it is rather pricey. Below are what Im looking for:
Budget: $12,000 total for 2
Travel time: Early September 2016
Flying: Thinking of flying into Venice and out of Naples (suggestions??)
Vibe: Venice- sightseeing and gondola rides (any other suggestions??)
Tuscany- Relaxed country close to surrounding medieval towns. Plan on having a car for this portion. Good wineries nearby. Im thinking maybe Chianti B&B or private villa? I would like to relax, drink wine, horseback ride, visit medieval towns
Amalfi Coast- beach, cocktails, day trips to nearby attractions and towns
My questions are:
Is it possible? Would you even recommend?
Is there possibly a beautiful beach to visit in northern italy other than cinque terre (cinque terre just doesnt sound like what we are looking for- sounds like a big hiking town with no sandy beaches or one review said "no one knows how to make a cocktail") it just seems everyone likes Amalfi better than Cinque. Obviously, i understand better sandy beaches can be found in the caribbean but we can go there any time. We are looking for beach to swim at, with good food, and a good time!
If my line up would work- any suggestions on travel between? Places to stay at? Any regions in tuscany youl recommend?
Thanks for any help! I wish I had longer so I could see more
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 9 day trip to France
- 2 Annecy or Talloires or other?
- 3 European Christmas Markets Itinerary
- 4 Arezzo - how much time?
- 5 Where to See Flamenco
- 6 Serious fire at Cameron House Hotel, Loch Lomond
- 7 15 days honeymoon trip to Europe in February end and March
- 8 Keukenhaf
- 9 Netherlands- Texel
- 10 Netherlands, Brussels and possibly Luxembourg
- 11 ICELAND : EAST & NORTH
- 12 Help with Country House Hotel Christmas 2018
- 13 Overnight stop from Berlin to Paris
- 14 Sleep at Heathrow
- 15 Overwhelmed with planning! Need help from Italy experts.
- 16 Cotswold - great food & ambience for lunch!
- 17 2 week May trip with kids
- 18 8 day flexi Swiss pass
- 19 hotel reservations in Switzerland in June?
- 20 Restaurant suggestion Bamberg
- 21 Rail vs. Plane
- 22 Winter ... UK Finland Sweden. (Live...ish)
- 23 London: Stunning New American Embassy
- 24 Paris November 2017
- 25 Self Drive UK tour