Venice hotel help for 4

Search

Venice hotel help for 4

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22nd, 2005, 04:58 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Venice hotel help for 4

I've been having a hard time finding a hotel for our family of 4( 2A,2K) in Venice. We would like to stay one room with bath ensuite. Any advice would be appreciated. We are going in late June, so we know time is running out.
Old Apr 22nd, 2005, 06:23 AM

How much do you hope to spend per night on a room?

Pensione Guerrato offers larger rooms for a decent price. Check under "Our Services" on their website for details. They are also very quick to reply to emails. Here is a link:

http://web.tiscali.it/pensioneguerrato/homepenen.html

Also, have you tried looking at venere.com or veniceby.com for a general idea of what's available? Hope that helps... -- Heather.
Old Apr 22nd, 2005, 06:40 AM

We stayed in a quad at the Hotel FLora. This is a popular hotel and I think only has 1 such quad, so if you are interested, contact them asap. ALso keep in mind that when searching for quads, many hotels do not list their availability at all on the booking sites, and eve on their own website. Any hotels you may be interested in, you should contact directly (email workds very well), and ask about accommodations for a family of 4. Many of the quad rooms are also the triple rooms, with an additional bed squeezed in.
Old Apr 22nd, 2005, 06:45 AM

We stayed in wonderful B&B called Gli Angeli. Its actually an apartment --there's a main room with a one large king sized bed, another small room with two twin beds, a nice sized kitchen and there's also a garden area. I don't know how much you want to pay but the price is very reasonable for Venice. If you do search here, you'll find a lot of very positive comments about it. The web site is http://www.gliangeli.net/.
Old Apr 22nd, 2005, 11:02 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the advice. The quad at Hotel Flora is booked. I'm waiting for responses to others.

We were hoping to stay between 200-250 Euros if possible. I know there are some quads avail. at higher prices, but we are hoping we can keep it closer to the 200-250 Euro range.

Thanks again for the advice.
Old Apr 22nd, 2005, 11:17 AM

I've seen positive recommendations for this place but haven't stayed there:
http://www.diaconiavaldese.org/venez...ia/index_e.htm
Its prices are well under your limit, and the reviews are good.
Old Apr 22nd, 2005, 12:54 PM

Travelatte: I don't know if you've considered an apartment yet, but they're a great way to go for larger groups that want to stay together. Last 2 times to Venice, we stayed in a hotel. This time, my family of 5 will be staying in an apartment. Much better, when you consider it's less than 1/4 the total price + they have small kitchens + washer/dryer.

Here's a company that we've worked with for our next trip in October. They respond right away, and they're wonderfully helpful with any questions you may have. (cleaning fee is *included in the rental price, too)

http://www.dimoraveneziana.com/

Whichever way you go, have a fantastic time in Venezia!

Old Apr 22nd, 2005, 12:59 PM

The apartment we stayed in is called "Venice Palazetto". We paid 100e/night in november 2004. It has 3 bedrooms 2 baths and a kitchen, living room, etc. Its really townhouse in campo san stefano. Highly recommended. Google the name if you're interested.
Old Apr 22nd, 2005, 01:28 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for the apartment idea. Is it possible to rent an apartment in Venice for less than 7 days? I seem to keep finding 7 day rentals, and we only need 3 nights.

Any advice would be great.
Old Apr 22nd, 2005, 01:30 PM

Try Al Campaniel. They have a holiday flat that might work for you.
http://alcampaniel.tripod.com/

Search here for other opinions. We will be staying there in May.

Good luck
Old Apr 22nd, 2005, 01:57 PM

We stayed at Gli Angeli for three nights but that was October 2004 -- I'm assuming that she still doesn't require a week but couldn't be sure. Sonia, the owner, lives upstairs and is available for questions and was very helpful with suggestions of where to go what to see, etc. Apartments really are a great way to go especially with four of you - so much more comfortable than a small hotel room.
Old Apr 22nd, 2005, 03:27 PM

Yes, travelatte, there are many places that will rent for 3 nights. The one we're renting from the site I gave you (called "Palazzo del Moro&quot is for 3 nights, in a great area near Rialto Bridge, 5-7 minutes walk to S.Marco.

Here's another website with nice apartments too, but June is creeping up on us, so ...

http://www.veniceapartments.org/html...partments.html "Gaulo" is the one I was most interested in, but it was either taken for the period of our stay or wasn't a 3-night rental. Another one that's interesting is "Contarini". You just input your info, and check out what's available. You can expect them to get back to you quickly too, with a list confirming all the ones that are indeed available for the period of your stay.

I've spent countless hours checking into this and weighing the hotel alternative, and these 2 apartment rental organizations are the best I've come up with so far.

Hope this helps.

Old Apr 22nd, 2005, 06:09 PM
Original Poster

Wow! Thanks for the apartment info. We are looking into that versus the hotel thing. We want get Venice booked soon as we are getting nervous about the time running out.

Thanks,
Travelatte
Old Apr 23rd, 2005, 08:18 AM

Quick additional note: Veniceby.com also lists "Palazzo del Moro", with more/better photos of the apartment. (The bldg called Palazzo del Moro has many similar-looking apartments on different floors)
Old Apr 23rd, 2005, 08:29 AM

Travelatte: I just discovered something. It looks like veniceby.com has the same prices but a different cancellation policy, whereby if you go through them, the deposit is Fully refundable if cancelled before 21 days. So in this case, the agent of the agent has a more liberal contract. I've never seen a fully refundable deposit on a rental before. That's nice!