venice apartments/short stays

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20th, 2003, 07:45 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

looking for a one week/10 day apartment rental for next winter (jan/feb or march) in venice....has anyone had a fabulous experience?? what area do you prefer?? of those 3 months, is one better than another, why??? thanks
Old Mar 21st, 2003, 04:55 AM
rex

This is not cited from expereince with THIS property, but I can report good experience with the company:<BR><BR>http://www.domani-usa.com/venice/teresa/index.htm<BR><BR>Take a loot at www.slowtrav.com also.<BR><BR>Best wishes,<BR><BR>Rex<BR>[email protected]<BR><BR><BR>
Old Mar 21st, 2003, 05:46 AM

By doing a text search here for venice AND apartment here's some websites &amp; info posted by others<BR><BR>sleepinitaly.com<BR>venicerentals.co m<BR><BR>&gt;I booked this apartment through a private individual. The website is www.palazzettodaschio.it. It was highly recommended on the Slowtrav.com site.<BR>We are paying 800Euro for 5 nights plus utilities. The owner said utilities can run around 10Euro a day.<BR><BR>&gt;Last year we stayed in venice in an apartment in Dorsoduro. We organised the rental direct with the owner, Lamberto Deho. He is a delight and speaks good English and was very prompt at getting back to us. The apartment was terrific, in a very quiet area, just behind the Guggenheim Museum. You can look at the apartment at www.world-world.com/properties/it-foscarini.htm.<BR><BR>&gt;I stayed in Dorsodura for Christmas. Great location near Ca'Rezzonica vaporetto stop and very charming. Even on the ground floor, with a small canal alongside the buiding it was very warm and cozy. Great osteria next door that has only a handful of tables. I rented from Papavero Rentals www.papaverorentals.com <BR><BR>There is much more of this type of info if you do this search along with people discussing nearby shopping &amp; restaurants to some of thsee properties. As to &quot;best&quot; location, it depends on what you're looking for. Many people like the Dorsoduro area because it's close enough to the main tourist attractions around San Marco but still far enough removed to be a bit less crowded. As it's also somewhat residential, there are food shops etc. that would be convenient for apt. living. The busiest areas are San Marco &amp; around the Rialto Bridge. There is really no &quot;bad&quot; area although I would not want to be too close to the train station as it's not as attractive.<BR><BR>
Old Mar 21st, 2003, 06:38 PM
Original Poster

have been in venice a couple of times before and just wanted to do something different--the apartment...we have interest in the dorsoduro area so i am glad that it has been mentioned...<BR><BR>i shall follow-up with everyones suggestions...thanks<BR><BR>should i expect trouble in booking this as late as september or october for jan-march??
Old Mar 21st, 2003, 06:52 PM

Your choices should be wide open for Jan-March, with the exception of Carnivale in ... usually February, depending on when Easter falls next year.
Old Mar 23rd, 2003, 03:49 AM

Try this website http://www.rentagora.net <BR>We were two couples and a toddler and stayed in the Lido appartment because it was big and had no stairs. It was great, spacious and spotless. The owner Maurizio Ruzzene was very helpful and friendly. He picked us up at the Vaporetto stop and took us to the supermarket in his car. Highly recommended.<BR>Without the baby we might have stayed more centrally but the rates on all these properties are reasonable.