Venice & Florence Bed & Breakfast

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13th, 2006, 07:15 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In MAY, I'll be traveling for three weeks in Italy with my two girlfriends (not my first trip) . .

With the Euro so high, does anyone have any recommendations for bed & breakfasts in Venice and Florence for about $250/$300 nite . .

If possible close to San Marco in Venice and/or hotel(or B&B) in Florence near the Ponte Vecchio . .

Recommendations from people who have 'been there' are so much more valuable than picking out a hotel from a website or magazine . .
Old Jan 13th, 2006, 07:27 AM

Liz, Look at the reviews on slowtrav.com for good choices. I assume you will want a triple.
Old Jan 13th, 2006, 07:45 AM

300 USD is about 250 Euros. It's quite possible that you could get three single rooms for that price, and I'd definitely consider that for all of your sanity with three weeks of travel.
Old Jan 13th, 2006, 08:12 AM

Next week we will be staying at B&B In Piazza della Signoria close to Ponte Vecchio in Florence. I chose it based mainly on Trip Advisor reviews. While I do not have first-hand experience of the place yet, you might want to look at the web site and if it interests you I can post my impressions after I return home.
Old Jan 13th, 2006, 08:35 AM

Relais Cavalcanti in Florence is charming and a good deal (120E for a superior double in 2004). www.relaiscavalcanti.com.

The building looks forbidding on the outside and you have to go up a staircase before getting to the elevator, but the B&B is lovely, bright, well-decorated, with large modern bathrooms. It's run by two young sisters who remodeled their grandmother's large apartment and run it as a B&B. Very close to the Ponte Vecchio.
Old Jan 13th, 2006, 09:56 AM

In Venice I was very happy at the Palazzo Duodo

www.palazzoduodo.com

It is just off Calle dei Fabbri, between Rialto and San Marco - about 2 minutes walk from the Piazza.

It is on the top floor of an old palazzo, there is an elevator, there are three very elegant suites with antique furniture, and canal and rooftop views. There is a very nice drawing room to sit in, and the maid comes in to make breakfast and clean etc in the mornings. Other than that you get your own key and come and go as you please. The best gelato in Venice at Fantasy Gelato is just over the bridge and round the corner!

Florence I have not been to yet so cannot help. But have a great trip.
Old Jan 16th, 2006, 08:42 AM
Original Poster

Thank you all for your suggestions which I will follow up on today . .

I usually rent in Florence and use the apartment as a home base, but the EURO is really too high to rent and then to travel . .

Thank you again for your input and I'm having 'Italy withdrawal . . I need to be there!! BWAAAA . .