VENICE

Old Jul 6th, 2006, 12:18 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
VENICE

Any suggestions for a nice, but nowhere too fancy to stay in Venice. Hotels or couples/private room hostel suggestions and close to the metro and attractions.

Thank you!
Old Jul 6th, 2006, 12:37 PM

Check out Ca Rezzonico...
http://www.invenicehotels.com/carezzonico/rooms.htm
Old Jul 6th, 2006, 12:42 PM

Metro - in Venice?!?
Old Jul 6th, 2006, 01:31 PM

what is your budget?
Old Jul 6th, 2006, 02:50 PM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Public transportation in Venice is by boat (vaporetto) there is no metro.

I know there are some budget options recommended in guidebooks around the train station area.
Old Jul 6th, 2006, 04:52 PM

we stayed at Ai Mori D'Oriente in a very quiet section of Venice. We took a water taxi directly there from the airport and got a beautiful large room for around $250 per night, including breakfast. Two things to be aware of are that you must request and pay for the better rooms (some are reported to be inconveniently located and of inferior quality) and get to breakfast early to avoid a crowd. We loved being in a real neighborhood away from anything touristy or loud, though we were no more than a ten minute walk to anywhere we wanted to go. The water taxi to and from the airport is expensive but quick and reliable.
Old Jul 6th, 2006, 05:58 PM

We stayed at the Hotel Kette just off Saint Mark's square. It was 250 euros a night, recently renovated, quiet, yet a three minute walk to the square. The people at the desk couldn't have been more helpful. Our room had a canal view and I was serenaded each evening by gondoliers. Certainly, it would have been nice to stay in one of the larger hotels right on the Grand Canal, but you can't beat the price. I would return again.
Old Jul 6th, 2006, 06:06 PM

http://www.hotelriva.it/

Not sure what your budget is or when you are going but you might look into this place.
Old Jul 6th, 2006, 06:08 PM

Jenny - I know you might be new to this board. Please dont capitalize your post titles. Its one of the board etiquette rules - it seems like you are shouting.

Also, you will get the most information if you give more specifics about time of year, budget, etc. I see you have three posts about your trip. Its okay to post several unrelated questions all in one post too.

People here are very helpful so you can get a lot of good info here. Welcome.
Old Jul 7th, 2006, 03:45 AM

chicjenny- Prices will vary greatly according to the type of accommodation you want. For example, we stayed in a one bedroom, living/dining room, kitchen, bathroom, balcony apartment for one week (7 nights) in May for $789 in Dorsoduro. Everything is relative. Some people want to stay in the thick of things, others want a quiet area. Give us more specifics. lynclarke
Old Jul 7th, 2006, 04:06 AM

Hi lyn clarke, how did you rented the apart in Dorsoduro? How far where you and how did you get into Venice? We are planing to go shortly and are looking at different options. I do know if Dorsoduro is part of Venice or if it is nearby. Could you explain to me. Thank you.
Old Jul 7th, 2006, 06:39 AM
capote

hi
try looking here for some ideas of what there is on offer:
http://destinia.com/hotels/hotels--i...urope/29128/en
hope you find it useful

Old Jul 7th, 2006, 06:56 AM

Graziella5b,

Dorsoduro is one of the six sestieri (neighborhoods) into which Venice is divided; it is definitely part of the historical centre of Venice and has many points of interest. You can cross the Grand Canal to the San Marco sestiere on a traghetto (public gondola) for 0.50 Euro in five minutes or less.

For listings of apartment rental agencies in Venice, go to www.slowtrav.com. There are also independent reviews of many apartments.
Old Jul 7th, 2006, 07:01 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
I don't mean to put words in Jenny's mouth but since she mentioned "hostel" I'm guessing 250 euro is well above her budget.

Jenny, That's why it helps to give a specific price range when you post about hotels, because "nowhere too fancy" means very different things to different people. I assumed you need something say 100e or less?
Old Jul 7th, 2006, 08:28 AM

I just returned from Italy in May. We stayed in a small hotel called San Geremia Hotel. It is super close to the vaporetto (public transportation) and the train station. We payed $95 ($90 if you pay in cash) for a really nice room with a king size bed and 2 bunk beds. Make reservations if you can, Venice was really crowded when we were there. The only reason we stayed at this hotel instead of a hostel was because everything was booked. But luckily, it turned out to be my favorite place we stayed while in Venice! Let me know if you have any other questions about Venice, Rome, or the Cinque Terre! [email protected]