Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

venere.com: Has Anyone Ever Booked Through This?!?

Old Aug 27th, 2003, 08:34 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i've seen venere.com mentioned on this site a lot. has anyone ever used it to book a room? how was it? is there a way to tell if the price of the room includes taxes or breakfast? how do you find out what the hotel's cancelation policy is?

thanks!
Old Aug 27th, 2003, 11:12 PM

Yes, I used venere.com to book a 3-night stay at the Hotel Ala in Venice a couple of years ago. Reservation was fairly easy - you enter your credit card number on a secure page to hold the booking (nothing is charged to the card however). You get a confirmation that your request is being sent to the hotel, and then a confirmation direct from the hotel. The cancellation policy is clearly explained when you make the booking - if I remember rightly they let you cancel right up to the last moment at no charge.
As for prices, well they definitely included taxes, although I suppose breakfast will depend on the hotel and whether their rates are B&B or room only. The rates and total price are clearly stated in the booking form, as well as the confirmation email.
Old Aug 28th, 2003, 02:49 AM

I've used them several times and had the same experiences as hanl. The confirmation comes directly from the hotel. Breakfast may or may not be included..it depends on the hotel's offer.

I do think they give the best descriptions of the hotels..but after I choose the hotel I try various other sites to see where I can get the best rate.
Old Aug 28th, 2003, 02:56 AM
Intrepid

I've used them on several occasions abd had the same results as reported above. I have also used them for "comparison" purposes along with other discount sites.
Be aware that if you do have to cancel a reservation, which is easy to do, you do so by communicating with the hotel directly. I've done that once, also, and didn't have any difficulty at all.

Old Aug 28th, 2003, 03:18 AM
rex

Used by hundreds of people on this site; by me a dozen or more times. I agree with others who have had the experience that they are almost just a gateway for you to check availability and book with the hotel. Never had any difficulties, including cancellations in direct communications with the hotels listed there.

Best wishes,

Rex
Old Aug 28th, 2003, 03:29 AM
ira

Hi,

Have used them several times and had no bad experiences.
Old Aug 28th, 2003, 04:20 AM

used it, liked it and recommend it. enjoy your stay!!!!!!
Old Aug 28th, 2003, 04:51 AM

I've used it to reserve and it worked just fine. As others noted, you then communicate directly with the hotel. Unfortunately, we later cancelled our trip due to the events of 9/11, and, again, communicated those cancellations directly with the hotels.
Old Aug 28th, 2003, 08:13 AM
Original Poster

wow! thanks so much everyone!!! i saw a really great rate for a hotel in venice on venere. in fact, it was so good i was suspicious. but, now i'm going to book it! thanks again!
Old Aug 28th, 2003, 08:21 AM
Original Poster

jody and intrepid,

what other sites do you use to try to get a good rate? thanks.
Old Aug 29th, 2003, 09:56 AM
Original Poster

ttt
Old Aug 29th, 2003, 10:21 AM

Hanl says they let you cancel right up to the last minute but doesn't it depend upon the particular hotel's cancellation policy?