Vence worth a visit

May 1st, 2001, 05:33 PM
Andy

Vence worth a visit

Is it feasible to get to Vence by train and then by bus?We prefer not to drive. Thanks so much for any information?

May 1st, 2001, 05:40 PM
dazed &confused

Please enlighten me, where is Vence?

May 1st, 2001, 05:42 PM
Capo

Hi Andy, I don't believe there's a train that goes to Vence. However, you can catch a bus from Nice and, I'd imagine, a number of other places in the area. The important thing is that you *can* get there by bus so a car isn't necessary.

And yes, having been there twice, I think Vence is worth a visit.

May 1st, 2001, 05:42 PM
Mary

Hi Andy,

Do you mean Venice? If so, where will you be coming from?

Mary

May 1st, 2001, 05:44 PM
Capo

dazed & confused, Vence is a town in the hills northwest of Nice.

Not to be confused with St.Paul-de-Vence which is a nearby, and much smaller, town.

May 1st, 2001, 05:45 PM
Capo

Or maybe it's a city in Italy that's missing an "i". :~)

May 1st, 2001, 05:48 PM
Mary

This is why I keep coming back to this board - finding out all of the little details. I had never heard of Vence!

Mary

May 1st, 2001, 10:27 PM
deborah

Yes, you can reach Vence by bus and you should go! It is a beautiful area. It is especially wonderful if you do rent a car and see the area. St Paul is also very pretty and worth a detour. we stayed at a wonderful place that was in between Vence and St Paul called Les Bastide des Oliviers. Wonderful hosts and a great place to relax.

There are many wonderful things to do and see in this area. The drives up through the mountains are beautiful. Much more beautiful than the Provence area to the west. But that was just our opinion!

When we were there in April we spent our last night in La Colle Sur Loup, just outside of Vence. There was a bus line right outside of our hotel. It only took us 15 minutes to srive to the airport in Nice. So it is quite close.

Have a wonderful time, we did!

May 2nd, 2001, 10:05 AM
Austin

Andy--
You are better off not having a car in Vence or St Paul de Vence
since both places have been in a state of traffic gridlock since my first visit there in 1971 and my last two years ago.
They are both wonderful and very close to each other
AH

May 2nd, 2001, 01:40 PM
March

We will be in Vence and the surrounding area in late May.Do we need to make restaurant reservations now or can we wait until we get to France?

Thanks

May 21st, 2001, 08:20 AM
Kelly

Does anyone have an opinion if late January/Early February would be an okay time to visit this area? This happens to be the date of a special anniversary and I'd like to spend it in the south of France. Would things be open or would everyone be shut down for winter?

Thanks for any info. you can share.