Reload this Page >

Umbria/Tuscany Border

Search

Umbria/Tuscany Border

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28th, 2001, 07:31 AM
barbara

Umbria/Tuscany Border

2 or 3 couples are traveling to Italy late March, early April '02. We'd like to rent a house for 2 weeks that is accessible to both Umbria and Tuscany - thinking of Cortona. We have a good cook with us and so would like good kitchen facilities. We'll be renting a car. We'd like to stay away from highly impacted tourist areas. Any recommendations?

Old Jul 28th, 2001, 08:39 AM
Surlok

I'd contact these people. They have the knowledge to give you good advise. <BR> <BR>http://www.specialtycruise.com/index...showpage=villa <BR> <BR>Surlok

Old Jul 28th, 2001, 09:50 AM
bob the navigator

Hello Barbara, There are many options depending on your price range, bed to bath ratio, and 4 or 6 people. Tell me more and I will try to help. Cortona is a bit isolated for my tastes. Contact me directly if you need help in screening the rental properties. Sounds like fun---we were there same time this year.

Old Jul 28th, 2001, 10:32 AM
Steve

I personally prefer the Pienza area, but if you are most interested in an area with good access to both Umbria and tuscany, then Cortona fits the bill. <BR> <BR>We stayed at a beautiful, brand new apartment at an agritourismo farm called La Casa Colonica. It is on the northern shore of Lake Trasimeno and we enjoyed it very much. It's about 10 minutes from Cortona. The apartments (3 I think) were beautiful and very comfortable. The kitchen was fully equipped. <BR> <BR>I don't know if they have a web site or email, but the telephones are as follows -- 0575-67451, 0575-67506 <BR> fax - 0575-67451, <BR>mobile phone (stephanie the manager) <BR>0335-8305853 <BR> <BR>

Old Jul 28th, 2001, 01:13 PM
xxx

Do a www.google.com search for Casa Colonica. There are several references for the property.

Old Jul 28th, 2001, 05:46 PM
ellen

Check out www.homeabroad.com. They will send you a catalog with lots of properties in Tuscany.

Old Jul 29th, 2001, 08:34 AM
barbara

Hey Bob the Navigator <BR>Thanks for the info about Cortona being isolated. For that time of year, we were hoping we could find a "3 star" place for no more than $1000 to $1300/week - 2 bathrooms for 6, 1 for 4, good kitchen facilities. Thanks for any help. Barbara

Old Jul 29th, 2001, 08:39 AM
Carol

I loved Cortona. I was there a few years ago on a walking tour, but I'd arrived there by myself a day or two earlier. I remember thinking that it felt like a different world there, yet was so easily accessible by train from Florence that someone could live in this lovely place and commute to a job in the city. So my impression was that it was not isolated. i loved the town itself, the evening routines of the local people, the views of the misty valley, and the interesting traces of Etruscan history in the surrounding countryside.

Old Jul 29th, 2001, 02:43 PM
cindy

We are staying in Cortona in a house that has 5 bedrooms. The website for the house is: www.site.yahoo.com/santandrea

Old Jul 30th, 2001, 05:59 PM
Leslie

Barbara - <BR> <BR>My family has booked at Casa La Quercia this Nov - and it seems to have what you are looking for, but the prices on the web for late March/April are higher. Anyway, check it out & there are links to other properties. http://www.altabella.com

Old Apr 1st, 2002, 02:08 PM
topsy

topping for info about Cortona