Search

Ulm Germany, Innsbruck Austria, or Graz Austria in September

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27th, 2011, 07:03 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ulm Germany, Innsbruck Austria, or Graz Austria in September

Hello Everyone!

My wife and I will be traveling to Europe in late September, and we were thinking about adding an additional stop during our trip. We will be traveling by car, and we will already be staying in Munich, Salzburg, and the Wachau Region of Austria. We have some extra time and were considering stopping in Ulm Germany, Innsbruck Austria, or Graz Austria for a few hours to have lunch and walk around. Please let me know which one you would recommend. Any suggestions of what to do and where to eat in these cites would also be much appreciated! Thank you all in advance!
Old Jul 27th, 2011, 10:24 AM

I would stop on the Wolfgangsee in St. Gilgen.
Old Jul 27th, 2011, 01:40 PM

Get some info on the Landeszeughaus in Graz on the internet. Shouldn't be missed it Graz is a city you want to visit. Ulm, except for the Münster is boring, Innsbruck as well.
Old Jul 27th, 2011, 02:36 PM

None of your three options really presents itself as a "lunch break" stopover when matched with Munich, Salzburg and Melk/Krems. I will assume you are generally aware of the distances involved.

Salzburg - Melk, for example is 2 hours. Throw Graz, which would be my first choice of places of those you mention, in the middle and it is 5.5 hour drive.

Munich to Ulm is almost 4 hours return. Ulm is not really worth that for a few hours.

Adding Innsbruck to the Munich - Salzburg route would add about 1:30.

So, Innsbruck is the easiest to add, Ulm, probably the least interesting and most time consuming, and Graz the most interesting.

The Wolfgansee is nice, but it is so close Salzburg (30 mins) that I imagine that you will already have seen it on a day trip while in Salzburg. If not, it's proximity doesn't make it a great lunch break candidate unless you want to leave Salzburg late in the morning on your travel day.
Old Jul 27th, 2011, 04:27 PM

Received 12 Likes on 1 Post
Hallstatt?