Uffuzi and Accademia Galleries

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6th, 2006, 09:08 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can anyone give advice on what the best time of day is to go see these galleries? we are targeting Sept 14th to visit them so we'd like to fit them both in that day. Thanks for your help!
Old Sep 6th, 2006, 09:15 PM

Make sure you get reservations for both. I was at Acadamia early and there were very few people. Yes, you can do both in one day.
Old Sep 7th, 2006, 12:43 AM
GBC

Hi ymmy

I agree with artlover. Do get reservations. Do Academia first and try to arrive early. Take plenty of time there. To me, the David and the Prisoners is one of the most impressive attractions in Italy.
Old Sep 7th, 2006, 05:06 AM

We reserved a 10:00 slot at the Ufizzi, and were able to get right in, scooting past the long line that was building outside. We were Uffizi-ed out by 1:00, and went for lunch. We then strolled around the city, and were able to walk right in to the Academia around 4;00 with virtually no lines (this was in April). A bit of Ufizzi advice - the only restrooms for this huge museum are at the far end of the building.
Old Sep 7th, 2006, 06:18 AM

We had 9 am rervations at the Academia; we arrived early (closer to 8:30) and they let us in. We were able to see David with only about a dozen people in the room. (And this was in June.)

I don't know if there are common/standard times for group tours of the Uffizi, but try to avoid them if possible. We had 4 pm reservations and we kept weaving around two large group tours.

Interesting that you would mention the Uffizi restrooms. When we visited them near the end of the day (maybe 5:45 pm), almost all of them were clogged/out of order. We counted; I wish I could remember the exact numbers - it was something like 15 out of 20 out of order.