U.K. Stansted and EasyJet

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23rd, 2006, 04:38 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am flying into Stansted airport in London in September and land at 10:10 a.m. My next flight is on EasyJet at 12:00. My question - do I have a hope of making this connection? It sounds like EasyJet closes their registration desk 40 minutes before the flight leaves.How big is Stansted airport? Is there lots of travel time between arrivals and departures?
Old Aug 23rd, 2006, 04:47 AM

Stansted is tiny, only one terminal. The biggest and only risk is how quickly the first airline offload your bags so you can pick them up and get to check in. You should have loads of time though as its a short walk from arrivals to departures
Old Aug 23rd, 2006, 05:10 AM

Stanstead, when compared to giants like Atlanta, Heathrow in London, or even Gatwick is smaller by far. The website says 30 minutes for the closing time before the flight.

If your flight into London Stansted is on time, I see no problem with the connection. EasyJet uses a lot of self checkin so the lines usually move right along.

The missed flight penalties are not so good, however.

I have flown EJ twice, but never with an arriving connection to worry about.
We arrived by car in one case and by train to the Geneva airport on another.

Just be prepared to pay for everything on board.
Old Aug 23rd, 2006, 05:26 AM

Oh man, I just did this! I have a little blurb about Ryan Air (not EJ though) in my Dublin trip report. http://tinyurl.com/eocyw

I think you will be totally fine. We arrived at Stansted less than an hour before one of our flights and wondered if we would make it. Turns out you wait in lines only for your flight, so they move fast. Very quick and efficient, IMHO. I was totally impressed at the system they have there--they really get people on and off fast and do so by limiting carry-ons, not assinging seats and letting board and de-plane at the front and back of the plane.

have fun!
Old Aug 23rd, 2006, 05:40 AM

ttt