TRAIN INFO

Old Sep 7th, 2008, 04:09 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TRAIN INFO

I need to know how far Liverpool st Station is from heathrow as i have a connection at Stanstead airport
thanks
Old Sep 7th, 2008, 04:13 PM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
How long do you have for your connection?

It isn't a matter of "how far" it is "how long does it take"

You can take direct coach from LHR to Stansted w/o going into London at all. Or you can take the tube to Liverpool street - but it requires changing lines.

You really need at least 5 hours to make the transfer due to advance check in requirements.
Old Sep 7th, 2008, 04:19 PM
Original Poster

my flight lands at LHR at 11.30 and my flight from Stn departs at 4pm
Old Sep 7th, 2008, 06:07 PM

I wouldn't try that connection. Those two airports are on opposite sides of London. To make it everything (and I means <u>everything</u> will have to go like clockwork.

Your flight must land on time, it must park at a gate immediately, you must be seated towards the front of the plane making it quicker to de-plane, there will need to be short lines at immigration, your luggage must be one of the first coming off the carousel, you must not have a wait for the next coach - etc etc.

the likelihood of every single thing going well is not that great.

Plus you absolutely must get to Stansted well before 3:30. The cut off for check in is a minimum of 30 minutes before your flight. Being in the queue to check in is not good enough, you must have your boarding pass in-hand before they close check in. If you miss check in - your ticket is useless.

Very best case scenario is getting on the coach around 12:30 and arriving at Stansted about 2:30. A delay at LHR, a wreck on the M25 - and you are out of luck.

So - what to do now? Leave things as they are an hope everything goes well - or - change your flight(s).
Old Sep 7th, 2008, 06:19 PM

If the airline made that connection and allowed it, wouldn't she have some recourse for a new flight or compensation if she misses it....I'm thinking of the scenario that the tickets are booked and it will cost money to change them.
Old Sep 7th, 2008, 06:26 PM

Kellye: LHR / STN connections aren't usually anything to do w/ the airlines/legal connection.

They are usually booked by folks who fly a major into LHR and then a low cost out of Stansted to somewhere on the Continent. They are seldom if ever on the same booking.

Normally it is booked before checking that the airports are so far apart or that easyJet is so strict about check in. (I think EJ actually requires 40 mins advance check in at Stansted. It is 30 mins at some airports) Then they ask on here how to make their flight . . . . .

BTW - from easyJet's own website &quot;<i>Please allow at least an hour between your scheduled Airbus arrival time and your check in time at the airport. Airbus cannot be held responsible for delays caused by adverse traffic or weather conditions.&quot;</i>
Old Sep 7th, 2008, 06:53 PM
Original Poster

thanks for the info so far, i havent actually purchased the Stansted tix yet as i actually wanted to be sure first thati could make the connection , i may just take the next flight out
Old Sep 7th, 2008, 06:58 PM

Oh - that's good. Definitely book a later flight . . . . .