Two Day Irish Tour?

Search

Two Day Irish Tour?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8th, 2004, 08:17 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Two Day Irish Tour?

I'm not sure this is possible, but I'm trying to think outside the box if you follow me.

We are taking a cruise, but this is not for the cruise forum! We land in Cork for a day and then cruise on to Dublin for a day.

I am wondering if 4 of us could hire a driver/guide to pick us up in Cork and drive us around - spending the night somewhere between Cork and Dublin and then ending up the next evening in Dublin where we could board the ship again.

Has anyone ever done something like this? Where would one go to find a driver/guide?

I'd appreciate any insight about my latest weird scheme!

Carol
Old Feb 9th, 2004, 05:53 AM

Carol, have you checked with your cruise ship company to see if they will allow you to do this? Since 9/11, the rules have changed. My husband and I took a cruise last year where we wanted to disembark a day early at a different port and were not allowed to do so for security reasons.
Old Feb 9th, 2004, 06:18 AM

If you find out it is possible, Lynott tours offers a private service. They have some standard tours but you can also tailor them too.
http://www.lynotttours.com/b-ishore.htm

I also found Driver Guide Tours through Google. They are at:
http://www.driverguidetours.com/ireland.html

Hope this helps.

Bill
Old Mar 29th, 2004, 10:36 AM

Carol,
I doubt if you will be able to do this without some difficulty. First you would have to disembark go through customs and immigration and then embark in Dublin and go through immigration again. If the ship offered this type of tour it would work, but otherwise I think you should not do it.
Old Mar 29th, 2004, 11:01 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the replies. After thinking it over (and my husband's strong opinion!) I guess it was not a good idea.
I've been to Ireland and loved it - just hate to waste any time there. I especially hate not being able to take in a Irish pub with some traditional music.
But I think I have found a driver to pick us up at Cobh on the 9th or 10 of September (weather should still be lovely) and take us to Linsale and around that area.
We just always want MORE MORE MORE! It's the nature of the beast.