Reload this Page >

Tuscany or Loire Valley with kids

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30th, 2002, 07:16 PM
Elyse

Trying to decide between a farmhouse in Tuscany vs a converted abbey on farmland in Loire Valley for summer trip with kids. Any advic?

Old Apr 30th, 2002, 07:21 PM
Rex

My heart belongs to France, but the answer to your question belongs to Tuscany - - by a 50-49 vote.<BR><BR>Best wishes,<BR><BR>Rex<BR>

Old May 1st, 2002, 01:22 AM
Matt

Went to both last summer with my wife and 2 kids (4 & 2) and stayed in homes in the countryside. I would vote for Tuscany because there will be less of a chance for rain, the ice cream in Italy is great, the castles in the Loire valley can become boring to children (but maybe not), the scenery is better in Tuscany, and you can get around better without knowing the language in Italian tourist cities (fortunately my wife majored in French).

Old May 1st, 2002, 04:44 AM
Julie

I would think that the Loire would be more interesting to children, especially the wonderful castles. Of course, a lot depends upon their ages. But if they are good pretenders I'd think they could feature themselves as knights and princesses and have a wonderful time putting themselves into the history of the beautiful place. Either area would probably lend itself well to bicycle trips if they're old enough for that.

Old May 1st, 2002, 07:37 AM
Mr. Go

Tuscany. Kids will get bored with all the castles & churches in the Loire Valley, but they'll love the food in Italy!<BR><BR>Kids aren't as impressed with old things as we are. Have you considered the Alps?