Notices

Tuscany in late June

Old Jan 6th, 2003, 04:59 AM
GR

Tuscany in late June

Can anyone tell me about Tuscany in late June? What is the weather like? What does the countryside look like then (what is in bloom?) What is the temperature? If it is hot does it cool down at night or is there much airconditioning? I have trouble sleeping at night if its too warm.

Old Jan 6th, 2003, 11:15 AM
Henly Gold

Weather is wonderful. It will probably be on the hot side, sunny everyday. It does cool down at nighttime. The sunflowers will be in bloom and will be all over the countryside.

Old Jan 7th, 2003, 04:21 AM
xxx

How hot? 80's? 90's? Lots of humidity?

Old Jan 7th, 2003, 04:29 AM
Alice Twain

Temperature will be probably around 28°C during the day, but the nights should be still cool, cooler than in July and August. Humidity is not a problem in Tuscany, except in some areas (for instance Firenze and Lucca).

Old Jan 7th, 2003, 04:56 AM
Jill

I was in Tuscany last year from June 20 - July 1,it was hot, like in the 90's. I was told they were experiencing a heat wave. Honestly, I cannot stand stifling weather (really humid)and I was a bit concerned I'd be cranky because of it, but this did not bother me at all. Luckily we rented a farmhouse that had a pool - I highly recommend this. After a day of sightseeing, there was nothing better than to come home around 3:00 take dip in the pool, enjoy a glass of wine and book overlooking the tuscan hills. The evening does cool down and become quite comfortable, we did not have a/c, but were fine with a fan on. The landscape is gorgeous, we based in Chianti - it was so green and the Linden trees were just in bloom and very fragrant. The further south you go, Montalcino and the like, you will notice a shift from lush green to softer gold in the landscape - it is amazing. I say plan your trip for the summer, enjoy the weather - eat gelato and drink some wine!

Old Jan 7th, 2003, 04:03 PM
GR

Thanks for the info. Any suggestions for nice countryside places with a pool?
Do most B&B's have fans?

Old Jan 9th, 2003, 04:42 AM
GR

Do the rental cars in Italy have air-conditioning or do you have to request it?