Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Tuscany/Chianti apartment rental for less than a week?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21st, 2003, 06:02 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We are currently planning on arriving in the Tuscany countryside on a Wednesday, but would like very much to find an economical weekly rental of an apartment/cottage (we are a couple). But I hear that the rental period is typically Saturday-Saturday. <BR><BR>Is this going to be an impossible quest? We'd rather not stay in hotels/inns in Tuscany as we'd like to be able to have a kitchen and really relax in a place for a week. I'm most interested in the Chianti area, at this point, but am open to suggestions. We'll have a car.
Old Mar 21st, 2003, 06:10 AM
rex

This is available by the day, with a 3-day minimum.<BR><BR>http://www.domani-usa.com/siena/quercia/index.htm<BR><BR>I think that they have some others with similar provisions.<BR><BR>I would urge you to call the owner (Larry Haase) and discuss what you are seeking with him. Feel free to say that I referred you to him.<BR><BR>Best wishes,<BR><BR>Rex<BR>[email protected]<BR>
Old Mar 21st, 2003, 06:18 AM

Hey cali girl -<BR>We booked an apartment at the Relais Villa l'Olma for two nights next week. It's 10KM south of Florence, and near the A1 speedway to Siena.<BR><BR>Their website is www.relaisfarmholiday.it, and we are paying about $95E/night with breakfast included. <BR><BR>Never found any posts here -pro or con- but it looked good from the photos and seemed to be well situated for our time in the area.<BR><BR>Perhaps we'll see you there
Old Mar 21st, 2003, 06:48 AM

I truly enjoyed my autumn 2002 stay at<BR>the agriturismo Collelungo near Castellina in Chianti. They normally<BR>require a week, but I met people there<BR>last year who had booked for the weekend. The apartments are lovely; there is a common room with t.v. where<BR>you can meet fellow travelers and enjoy<BR>a bottle of Collelungo's wine. My husband and I also enjoyed the short trip into Castellina where there are some wonderful restaurants.
Old Mar 21st, 2003, 07:36 AM

For southern Tuscany try La Crociona<BR>http://www.lacrociona.com/<BR>It's just outside Montalcino and I have rented Wed to Wed.
Old Mar 21st, 2003, 09:08 AM

there is another website called www.slowtrav.com which offers aprtments and villas for rent--<BR><BR>you can try them also