Turkey - Istanbul Hotels

Mar 2nd, 2009, 02:55 AM
Original Poster

Turkey - Istanbul Hotels

I am going crazy trying to decide on a hotel in Istanbul!
Ada Hotel
Hotel Turkoman
Alaturka Hotel
Trying for not more than $120, good beds, good breakfast and great view from terrace.
Any help welcomed!
Mar 2nd, 2009, 06:13 AM

$120 dollar is too much for a hotel room in Istanbul. Especially if it is your first time in Istanbul, you wont spend too much time in the room. You can easily find rooms for the half price in Sultanahmet area.
Mar 2nd, 2009, 08:01 AM

Hotel Empress Zoe in Sultanhamet. I don't know what the price is now, but years ago I paid $50. for a nice room. I paid in cash U.S. dollars as the owner is from San Francisco and discounts if one pays in dollars.

The hotel is in the heart of the old city and on the same street that leads into the Topkapi(?) Palace...less than a 10-minute walk. It's also a 10-minute walk to the Blue Mosque and 5 minutes to Aya Sophia. The hotel is a a block from the Four Seasons Sultanhamet. Happy Travels!
Mar 2nd, 2009, 10:40 AM

I think it was on travelpod.com where I recently noticed over a hundred reviews of this hotel. HAppy Travels!
Mar 3rd, 2009, 09:22 AM

We loved our stay at Dersaadet Oteli and paid around $100/night. Meets all your criteria plus the staff there is really outstanding. Steps to the Blue Mosque, close to everything.

For info and pics from our trip: http://patrinadoestheglobe.blogspot....ul-turkey.html
Mar 3rd, 2009, 09:34 AM

A double at the Empress Zoe is now €110 which is just a little over budget. Have stayed there and will go back. www.empresszoe.com
Mar 5th, 2009, 02:12 AM

depending on when you plan to travel the Apricot Hotel in the Sultanahmet can be reasonable..from 49 euros and up to 99 euros per night depending on the room..they are also in a good location...near to the Hagia Sophia Museum, and other highlights of the area.

http://www.hotelapricot.com/en/index.php
Mar 5th, 2009, 09:25 PM
Original Poster

Thank-you all!!!!! Finally decided on the Hotel Niles. Not in the Sultanahmet, but the price was right and near to tram stop. Was going with Empress Zoe until the spiral stairs became an issue and the fact that we would have to change rooms after first night a bigger issue.
Thanks to all of you for your input.
Mar 16th, 2009, 10:31 AM

ttt

Search this Thread