Trying to reshape itinerary

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7th, 2005, 10:56 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

this is my second attemp. i'll have 13 days. i want to visit florence and venice. and currently am debating between prague, amsterdam, vienna for my 3rd city. i am leaning prague, but it's tough. i was planning for 3 days in each florence and venice and 5 days for the other city. since my itinerary will probably mean a flight through another city (rome, milan) i was planning to save the extra 2 days for that city...just to relax. any ideas? doable?
Old Jan 7th, 2005, 11:37 PM

ucsun,
Sure its doable and yes a flight is probably your best bet. Check out www.whichbudget.com for cheap flight possibilities. Best of luck and happy travels.
Old Jan 8th, 2005, 06:07 AM
ira

Hi uc,

The train ride over the Alps from Venice to Vienna is quite beautiful.
Old Jan 8th, 2005, 09:32 AM
Original Poster

i think i'd say i'm leaning in the following direction for my 3rd city:

prague 60%
amsterdam 30%
vienna 10%

although the train ride over could be quite interesting to vienna...what a site that should be.
Old Jan 8th, 2005, 09:55 AM
Original Poster

forgot to add: i think i'm trying too hard to make this trip as good as the last two years. needless stressing i think. florence, venice, and (prague/amsterdam/vienna) should be as good as any 3 city tour.
Old Jan 8th, 2005, 10:07 AM

I did Florence, Venice and Prague last summer and really enjoyed it. As my flights were in and out of Milan I did the following: Landed in Milan and immediately took train to Florence (6 nights with day trips to Siena and Pisa/Lucca). Train to Venice (3 nights). Flew Czech Air to Prague. (5 nights, day trip to Cezky Krumlov). Flew to Milan. Two days Lake Como before flying home. One of my best trips ever, loved everywhere I went.
Old Jan 8th, 2005, 10:54 AM
Original Poster

isabel,
in and out of milan...hadn't thought of that. did you have enough time in venice and prague? i assume w/ 6 days in florence that you had enough time.

Old Jan 8th, 2005, 05:57 PM

Six nights in Florence was great. A lot of people though that would be too much but with the two day trips it was just right. I really enjoyed Florence. I had been to Venice just two years before so didn't feel I needed that much time. My first trip there I also spent 3 nights and that really is enough to get a good feel for it. I didn't do much in the way of museums there. Prague for 5 ngiths was also perfect.

I did in and out of Milan because I had free tickets (credit card miles program) that didn't allow open jaws. Otherwise I would have tried to fly home from Prague. But since I also wanted to go to Lake Como it worked out OK. The flying from Venice to Prague and from Prague to Milan on Czech Air also worked out great. I originally had tickets on Volareweb (not defunct) but they made a schedule change that didn't work for me so I tried CzechAir and the tickets were not much more (around $130 for both flights). Someone (here) recently said that flying with them one way was more expensive.