truffles in Paris?

Dec 29th, 2004, 07:17 PM
Original Poster

truffles in Paris?

Hi everyone. I am headed to Normandy and Paris from Jan 6-17. i have never eaten truffles and was looking for any tips on where I could get an affordable meal made with truffles. Also opinions on how to eat them. I have heard an omelete is the classic backdrop for truffles but I was hoping for other descriptions. Any and all comments appreciated. For that matter, any good restaurants where we can eat for less than 20 euro per person?
Dec 29th, 2004, 11:52 PM

Dear readers, am I correct that truffles and affordable do not go hand in hand. At least in Italy this is true.

But oh to eat them, sigh, paridise!
Dec 30th, 2004, 12:00 AM

Can't comment on Paris truffles, but just had the oeufs brouillés à la truffe at one of our favorite local restaurants the other day (the Bistrot de France in Apt) and it was superb. 30 euros per, but worth every centime of it...

-Kevin
Dec 30th, 2004, 06:58 AM

Hi
Since you've posted this twice, just click on your own name to see the responses on your other thread
Dec 30th, 2004, 07:04 AM

You will find some places using truffle oil on salad dressings or drizzled over foie gras. May I suggest you taste a little truffle oil before you go? White or black. Truffles aren't to everyone's taste. I don't like them at all, unless they are chocolate truffles! (they don't have real truffles in them, they just look like truffles)

Search this Thread