Search

Trip highlights

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20th, 2002, 02:44 PM
Scott

Trip highlights

Just returned from 24 days in europe. If you are an active traveler, 9 cities in 24 days is not too much. Many advised me that we were doing too much, but my active family did just fine. Hats off to the following places:<BR><BR>We loved the Mosel valley more than the Rhine.<BR><BR>We loved Rothenburg and the night watchman's walk is the best. Hotel Klosterstuble was super.<BR><BR>

Old Jul 20th, 2002, 02:52 PM
Rex

Glad to hear that you had a good trip. And it sounds like some of those 24 days were NOT spent in (big) cities - - is that right? Good for you, if you took the opportunity to see some of rural Europe along with its cities.<BR><BR>I'd be interested to hear how you apportioned your time - - how many of those destinations were in different "areas", and how many were moving around in smaller circles.<BR><BR>If I recall correctly, this was not a first time trip to Europe for you and your family, is that right? Or were some of the family members first timers? What previous experiences helped you prepare for this trip.<BR><BR>Welcome home... and...<BR><BR>Best wishes,<BR><BR>Rex<BR>

Old Jul 20th, 2002, 09:04 PM
MaryC

Scott, I hope you post your trip report soon!

Old Jul 21st, 2002, 09:01 AM
up

up<BR>

Old Jul 21st, 2002, 09:09 AM
Tom

I just read through the 19 questions you posted since last New Year's Eve, Scott. Just do a search on rspfeifer.<BR><BR>And it reads like a tutorial on how to get excellent info from this forum.<BR><BR>Congratulations on some of the best first-trip planning and execution I have ever heard of, here on this forum.<BR><BR>I noticed that you originally posted an itinerary of ten destinations. Some of the suggestions recommended removing at least three, others said remove more. What did you ultimately end up removing? and what did you keep?<BR>